Patrol – it’s the backbone of every department. But command staff must assess whether patrol resources are consistently deployed in a data-driven way.
Does uncommitted patrol time take into account constantly changing environmental factors and trends that can impact the likelihood of where crime occurs and when?
Patrol Management Software
Patrol management software uses artificial intelligence-driven analysis to help strategically plan patrol missions
and tactics for maximum crime deterrence
Planning Patrol Time
- The system provides patrol officers with a forecast of the highest risk areas for crime that the agency is prioritizing. Boxes represent a precise area (250 meters by 250 meters) for patrol and are color coded by crime type
- When officers arrive in the box, the mission officially begins and a configurable timer starts so that the area is not over or under patrolled
- Authorized users such as crime analysts can add or suppress a mission based on new information
- The mission can be viewed on an MDT, smartphone, desktop or printed out
- [New] ShotSpotter Missions now uses historical and continuously updated ShotSpotter gunfire data to create enhanced gunfire forecasts since only 20% of gunfire is reported by the community
- [New] The Mission Sessions Report helps command staff better understand what their patrol resources are doing. See which officers executed missions, when, and what the officer did during the mission. Quickly review total missions, mission sessions and minutes in mission completed for each shift.
- [New] The Vehicle Location History Report enables agencies to see a historical, visual representation of the route that a patrol car executed during a shift and compare patrol presence against missions, calls for service, and crime events.
How Shotspotter Missions Works
ShotSpotter Missions creates crime risk forecasts that are more accurate and precise by time and location than traditional hotspot methods