The Challenge for Law Enforcement
Traditional Case Management Systems are Limited
Paper-based processes, homegrown systems and under-powered RMS modules lack the key case management functionality you need to get serial offenders off the streets and bring closure to victims and families. Give your agency the tools it needs to capture, track, collaborate and solve investigations by automating case management with ShotSpotter Investigate.
IMPROVE EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS
ShotSpotter Investigate Offers a Proven Approach
Source: FBI Homicide Best Practices Research Report, 2011
ShotSpotter’s Innovative Approach to Case Management
Organize and store case information in one structured, secure and searchable digital case folder.
Detect relationships between people, places and evidence with analytical tools to solve cases faster.
Collaborate with your department, other agencies and prosecutors, and get notified when additions are made to your case folder.
Guide different types of investigations with pre-configured and customizable checklists of action items.
Manage staff caseload, see case status and get data for internal briefings with supervisory reports.
1. Capture Everything in One Place Easily create digital case folders and document investigative activities, scene details, observations, videos, images, notes and other attachments into one central source of truth.
Capture Everything in One Place
2. Organize Instantly Automatically create a searchable, chronological case index and guide investigations with pre-configured, customizable checklists to ensure consistency with agency standards.
Case Chronology List
Shotspotter Investigate Impact
Impact on Homicide Case Clearance Rate
Is Your Case Management Software as Smart as ShotSpotter Investigate?
- Case Chronology
- Link Analysis
- Property and Evidence
- Confidential Informant Management
- Criminal Enterprise Management
- Tip Corroboration
- Organized Crime Ring Insights
- Collaboration Tools
- Active Case Load
- ShotSpotter Respond Integration
- NIBIN Lead Management
- Publish Case for DA
- Audit Trail
- Unlimited Users
- Mobile Ready
- Secure and Compliant
- 24/7/365 Support
What is ShotSpotter Investigate?
How can ShotSpotter Investigate benefit a police department?
- Improve clearance rates to reduce crime and reduce repeat offenders
- Enhance communications with crime victims and witnesses to better serve and protect
- Strengthen collaboration among the investigative team for better efficiency
- Create transparency that builds trust with the community with Internal Investigations and Professional Standards reporting
- Optimize caseload to improve detective performance and job satisfaction
- Ensure Tips and Leads receive proper follow-up and never slip through the cracks
- Enable management insight into investigations and improve organizational intelligence
- Build stronger cases identify underlying relationships with link analysis
- Illustrate lengthy investigation timelines and case chronology
- Leverage NIBIN lead management to solve gun-related crimes
What are the key components available in Investigate?
- Incidents – provides for field-based reporting of events, field intelligence, tips, complaints and management of property and evidence associated with those incidents.
- Investigations – includes all the functionality and workflow to follow-up on crime related incidents with in-depth investigations.
- Intelligence – allows agencies to collect and disseminate intelligence, monitor criminal enterprises and groups such as narcotics rings, domestic terror groups, crime gangs, and manage confidential informants − all in conformance with national standards.
- Interactions – provides integrated Citizens Portal web pages that work with an agency’s existing website to keep the community better informed and allow citizens to submit complaints, tips, and leads.