TO FIGHT GUN VIOLENCE
Ensuring the Protection and Safety of our Communities
Gun Violence Impact is Multi-Faceted
KEY PROBLEM IS UNDER-REPORTED GUNFIRE
Nearly eight out of ten times when someone fires a gun, the police never respond, because they are unaware of the incident.
LACK OF INTELLIGENCE IS DANGEROUS
Dispatching officers to an active shooting without all available intelligence is a threat to officer safety and needlessly places the public at risk.
COMMUNITY TRUST WEAKENS
When police don't arrive at the scene of a crime, it fuels negative perception, enabling a "police don't really care" attitude among residents.
RESIDENTS PAY HIGH PHYSICAL AND MENTAL TOLL
Research shows that people, particularly children, in "high-gunfire" areas are more likely to suffer from psychological problems, including PTSD.
CHRONIC GUNFIRE SUPPRESSES ECONOMIC VITALITY
Property values can decline substantially and business owners begin to move out, cutting jobs, and limiting employment opportunities for residents who need work.
Real-time Intelligence to Fight Gun Violence
- Law enforcement is no longer dependent on 911 calls with ShotSpotter because it instantly notifies officers of gunshot crimes in progress with real-time data.
- ShotSpotter gunfire data enables intelligent analysis so law enforcement can move from reactive policing to proactive policing.
- ShotSpotter has been called a "force multiplier" because it provides critical information for better, more-timely resource allocation.
- ShotSpotter cities experience an average 35% decrease in gunfire incident volume in the first two years of use.
- Police departments using ShotSpotter foster an enhanced level of trust with the community as they continually show up after a gunfire incident has occurred.
Affordable, subscription-based ShotSpotter can detect gunfire accurately, protect officers with increased tactical awareness, and connect police to the community while also connecting police to their mission, providing:
Real-time access to maps of shooting locations and gunshot audio
Actionable intelligence detailing the number of shooters and the number of shots fired
Pinpointed precise locations for first responders aiding victims, searching for evidence and interviewing witnesses
Real-time mobile alerts on smartphones and tablets
U.S. Police Chiefs & Command Staff
Embrace Gunfire Detection Technology
Funding: A Cost-Effective Force Multiplier
- ShotSpotter has been called a “force multiplier,” helping police departments use their existing resources more strategically, producing better results.
- Law enforcement can maximize their staffing with faster investigations, prosecution support, and the deployment of officers where and when they are most needed.
- Cities using ShotSpotter report many benefits, and economies of scale, to make it very cost effective.
How to Fund ShotSpotter
Urban Police Departments Use
ShotSpotter to Control Gun Violence
IS REDUCING GUN CRIME A PRIORITY IN YOUR CITY?
See why many ShotSpotter cities experience an average 35% decrease in illegal gunfire during the first two years of the program. Ask our experts about proven funding strategies.
Don’t just take our word for it. Get a perspective on ShotSpotter by speaking with a police chief. Ask how it has benefited their jurisdictions and discover how they spearheaded their own ShotSpotter program.