Technical Support Engineer
ShotSpotter is a unique Public Safety enterprise, where the mission is saving lives and building safer and more connected communities.
Our customer support philosophy is simple. We believe in proactive support, total ownership and partnership with our customers. Working with a team of smart, passionate and capable professionals, the Technical Support Engineer is responsible for all aspects of technical customer support, including monitoring the performance of the system, anticipating potential issues, analysis of gunshot incidents and addressing any problems in the most effective and timely manner.
- Collaborate with fellow support colleagues and other internal organizations to provide superior customer service and provide support for application issues of a technical nature.
- Build and nurture customer relationships by acting as an advocate, maintaining regular communications, providing proactive support and delivering timely resolution to issues.
- Effectively handle complex customer interactions and challenging problems.
- Use effective problem solving and analysis skills to fully understand, find the root cause and resolve technical questions and issues.
- Maintain expert knowledge of ShotSpotter’s applications and tools, and provide consultative assistance, analysis and support to the customers.
- Maintain active knowledge of the performance of the system for each of the assigned customers, and exercise proactive support and monitoring practices to ensure optimal performance at all times.
- Ensure that individual performance meets or exceeds department standards.
- Develop strong working relationships with cross-functional teams within the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in IT, Software Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience required.
- 2-4 years experience in a software support or other related position.
- Strong communication skills with capability of interfacing with all level of organization and external customers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent follow up and follow through and adherence to timelines and commitments.
- Must have the ability to work independently but also contribute as part of a cohesive team.
- Working knowledge of SQL server and queries.
- Working knowledge of Google Earth, ArcMap, ESRI data tools, etc.
- Intermediate to excellent verbal and written knowledge of Spanish.
- Must be able to work during the assigned days and shifts.
Reports to: Sr. Director of Customer Support
Location: Fremont California, Miami Florida, Remote
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.