Technical Support Engineer – 2 Positions (Remote-East Coast)
ShotSpotter is seeking a curious, self-starting professional to be in an individual contributor role responsible for troubleshooting, service and support, research and analysis for our customers with the use of ShotSpotter Case Management product. This position requires excellent follow up and customer service skills, and good written and verbal communications. Must be proactive, detail oriented, able to analyze and resolve issues.
- Provide technical support to end-users by answering technical questions, resolving reported issues, and properly capturing the reported issue for follow up or escalation.
- Run diagnostics to resolve customer reported issues
- Clearly document the step-by-step process for issue reproduction
- Troubleshoot reported incidents
- Generate written notifications and communications with customers in response to issues
- Effectively perform on-call duty and provide after hours support to the customers
- Maintain an expert knowledge of the applications to be able to perform issue triage, diagnosis, resolution, address any user errors, and effective escalation to upper tiers
- Manage Help Desk tickets in a timely manner
- Perform QA testing
- Carry out other duties, as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including effective follow up and follow through on customer issues and internal assignments
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, and ability to define the problem, isolate the symptoms and perform root cause analysis and recommend solutions
- Strong multi-tasking ability; must be able to work on multiple issues and working across several time zones
- Working knowledge of SQL DB and queries
- Strong working knowledge of CRM systems such as Salesforce, JIRA, etc
- Prior experience with law RMS strongly desired
- 5+ years of experience in the customer service/success technical support field
- Must be able and willing to work afterhours and be part of an on call rotation
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must pass the required criminal background checks and clearance
Note: The Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or email@example.com for assistance.