Sr. Training and Instructional Design Manager
Working independently under the leadership of the Customer Support and Professional Services organization, the Training and Instructional Design Manager is responsible for leading all training, education, and content development processes internally and for ShotSpotter customers. This function includes the development of best practices, content, and disciplines for optimizing the use of ShotSpotter applications and creating new opportunities for training and development. This position is expected to utilize independent judgement and experience to anticipate customers’ needs, assess trends, and work with various teams within the organization to implement, scale and optimize training practices, and contribute to creating the most effective user experience for the customers. This person must be able to effectively manage competing demands under time constraints and produce work with an extremely high level of accuracy. The scope of this job includes in person training, creating training videos and other materials and coordinating training at a Project Level with our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs. (existing and new products)
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using the most effective methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, remote training, conferences, and workshops.
- Utilize independent judgement and discretion in performance in interactions with the ShotSpotter team as well as customers.
- Closely interact with the Product Management and Technology teams on the definition, release plan, testing, and rollout of new features, product versions and capabilities.
- Mange the creation of users’ documentation and manuals, online documentation, and in person or remote training as part of new product release process in close collaboration with Product Management.
- Create, price, and propose new monetized opportunities for customer training and development.
- Develop, organize and maintain training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials for internal and external use for all ShotSpotter applications and family of products.
- Function as the main internal administrator for the LMS, content development, user management, scaling and forecasting, tracking and reporting. Acts as liaison between organization, IT, and vendor.
- Work with ShotSpotter and Customer Project Managers to ensure that Customer training is managed properly and is completed successfully and within a timely manner.
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results and modifies programs as warranted.
- Define processes and best practices for all internal and external training disciplines and initiatives.
- Interact with customer management, including elected officials, representing the use and function of ShotSpotter products.
- Develop and implement certification programs and best practices in skill/knowledge development internally and externally.
- Develops and maintain subject matter expert knowledge for the configuration, utilization and best practices for all ShotSpotter products.
- Partner with Customer Success team to analyze Customer processes and recommend best practices and training opportunities to maximize benefits of ShotSpotter products.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of a knowledgebase for internal and external use.
- Delivers outstanding customer service via phone, email, remote meetings and in person.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with customers.
- Works cross functionally to identify and create new training and revenue opportunities.
- Other responsibilities as required.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technical, education, or Criminal Justice disciplines, or equivalent experience as a Law Enforcement/Public Safety processional.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a trainer (content development and delivery), preferably in software industry.
- Knowledge of CRMs and ERPs. SalesForce, Jira, Confluence preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, showing initiative in creating opportunities.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business and customer needs, maintaining a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in day to day duties with limited direction.
- Ability to learn new applications and system features quickly.
- Dedicated to the best possible customer experience and takes initiative toward improving it.
- Ability to articulate technical and functional concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to travel between 30%-50% as required.
- Public safety experience highly desired.
Note: The Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.