Sr. Marketing Program Manager, Events
Are you an energetic, detail-oriented marketer with expert event management skills? We’re looking for team player who is passionate about crafting amazing customer experiences and delivering flawless events.
The Sr. Marketing Program Manager, Events will produce events, campaigns, and marketing programs to drive new leads, accelerate sales cycles, strengthen customer relationships, and position ShotSpotter as a thought leader. Reporting to the Director, Demand Generation in Newark, CA; this role involves a mix of event management and execution along with broader marketing activities such lead gen campaigns, the website, and social media.
- Lead ShotSpotter’s tradeshow and event strategy from soup to nuts – research, show selection, negotiation, planning, promotion, logistics, scheduling, on-site management
- Create and execute cross-channel, integrated marketing plans to drive engagement for events, campaigns, and other business initiatives
- Define outcome-based goals and metrics (i.e. marketing-qualified leads, sales-qualified leads, and cost-per-lead) to track event/campaign effectiveness
- Manage vendor/agency relationships – negotiating prices, show placement, list acquisitions, etc.
- Develop scalable event management and campaign processes; gain sales and CS buy-in
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and key stakeholders to develop event strategy, themes, communications, deliverables, and timelines
- Build communications plan to keep stakeholders informed about events and campaigns
- Develop and maintain event/campaign calendar, timelines, and budgets
- Support marketing activities including demand generation and lead nurturing, as well as corporate marketing such as website, social media, and content creation
- Modest travel required for larger shows
Our Ideal Candidate
- Positive contributor, who seeks out opportunities to drive business results
- Brings a proven track record of flawless event execution and project management
- Strategic, but not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy – doesn’t accept status quo!
- Successfully manages shifting priorities and works independently in a fast-paced, environment
- Excellent verbal and written communicator, able to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, hands on, and resourceful
- Out-of-the-box thinker who always considers the big picture
- Highly influential and builds strong rapport with others
- Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree
- 5-8 years of event and trade show marketing experience
- 1-2 years of general marketing experience supporting corporate or lead gen activities
- Strong project management skills
Preferred Experience and Attributes
- Experience in SaaS company that sells an enterprise subscription with complex sale
- Knowledge of marketing automation tools, WordPress editor, Adobe design products a plus
- Understanding of Salesforce (or similar CRM tools)
- Combination of startup and corporate experience preferred
- Previous experience running social media campaigns
- Passion for community activism and initiatives
ShotSpotter is the leader in gunshot detection solutions that help law enforcement officials identify, locate and deter gun violence. ShotSpotter solutions are trusted by more than 90 cities to help make their communities safer. We are a fast-growing, small-cap public company with a unique environment where we can move quickly and innovate like a startup, but also have the advantages of a well-funded company so we can invest when opportunities arise. We are proud to be one of the most innovative mission-driven technology companies in the Bay Area.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.