Sr./Human Resources Generalist [Part-Time-Temporary]
This role is highly visible, requiring a self-confident and professionally tactful individual with the ability to motivate, develop and direct people. The Sr./Human Resources Generalist is a hands-on position that covers all HR functions, to include employee database maintenance, employee relations, benefits, talent acquisition, new hire orientation, termination, research, workers compensation and staying current with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for providing overall experienced, professional generalist Human Resources support under the direction of the Human Resources Manager.
The Sr./Human Resource Generalist will support the daily functions of Human Resources.
- Individual will work closely with HR management for the implementation and administration of human resources policies and programs to meet organizational needs.
- Provides day-to-day input, guidance, and support by partnering with HR Management.
- Coordinate the administration of LOA’s and Worker’s Compensation.
- Manage the employee onboarding process including, but not limited to I-9 employment verifications, explains benefit plans to new hires, and plans, supports, and conducts new employee orientations as needed.
- Administer Workers Compensation Plan: Coordinate with TriNet to file worker’s compensation claims and provide any follow up paperwork, update status on claims, discuss accommodations and return to work dates with HR team and employees.
- Maintain employee records including re-certification of I-9 thru TriNet.
- Manage the termination process.
- Facilitates the administration of LOA’s and Worker’s Compensation.
- Prepare employee correspondence: separation notices, verification of employment, and related documentation if needed.
- Assist in the management and execution of bonus plans, merit processes, and routine/special request reports.
- May handle complex/sensitive employee related issues/investigations.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings once a week or as needed.
- Provides support as needed for staffing initiatives such as scheduling interviews, posting positions, sourcing candidates, and following up with managers and supervisors on applicant status.
- Maintain and perform Covid tracking
- Maintain and audit HRIS for accuracy.
- Create ad-hoc reports when requested
- Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to communicate with professionals at all levels.
- Able to communicate complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to identify patterns of complex risk & liability, challenges and resolves issues, makes effective recommendations on course of action, and understands when to escalate complex issues
- Demonstrates current working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations/laws and firm policies
- Proficient in MS Office.
- BS/BA Human Resources, or related field.
- 5+ years human resources experience, preferably in small to medium size organization.
- Experience with TriNet is a plus.
24-30 hrs/week [Hybrid or Onsite]
Location: Fremont, CA
Duration: 2 + Months
Note: The Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or email@example.com for assistance.