Sr. Director of Demand Generation
ShotSpotter is on a mission to improve public safety for all communities. We do this by providing precision policing technology solutions that help law enforcement save lives, close cases and deter crime. We are a leader in the space trusted by more than 120 cities and have an NPS of +70.
We are a diverse and passionate group of people who care about making a difference. Most of us have had more mainstream tech jobs and found this category and company to be special and incredibly fulfilling. We are proud of doing work that matters and hungry to make an impact.
Our Marketing team successfully launched a demand gen function three years ago focused on our flagship gunshot detection solution and we have an outstanding partnership with the sales team.
Now, jointly, we’re forging new categories with an expanded solution suite that uniquely positions us across 18,000+ law enforcement agencies. We are ready for a strong leader to continue to grow our pipeline to support us getting to $100 million in revenue as we enter a historic moment. POTUS has recently endorsed our technology, put federal funds behind it, and police are more open than ever to move into the 21st century.
- Lead the vision, strategy and execution for building out pipeline
- Own demand creation, lead nurturing, and scoring program strategy
- Gain knowledge of our buyers and influencers about their most pressing challenges
- Create messaging and content to attract and qualify buyers and influencers
- Develop a slate of campaigns to test across email, webinar, search and programmatic advertising, sponsorships, outbound cold calling, local events
- Rapidly test go to market methods to find the most efficient customer acquisition cost
- Manage an SDR team of 3-4 people and campaign manager
- Manage events – the team has an events manager and is responsible for a slate of small regional and bigger national events that are important drivers of leads historically
- Manage and optimize marketing tools/technology (core tools in use – HubSpot and SFDC)
- Develop systems to measure our success of penetrating our target accounts, build and manage dashboards/leverage marketing tech stack to make strategic recommendations to the team for marketing approach
- Own and manage the budget for people and programs to deliver new prospects and additional revenue with existing customers
- College degree – BS/BA
- 12+ years in marketing with 8 years’ experience in Demand Gen for B2B SaaS company
- 5+ years running a successful demand gen function with success as company has scaled ideally from $50 million -$100 million in revenues
- Experience driving strategy and execution of customer acquisition campaigns and budgets across multiple channels (website, paid search, social media, email marketing, display, etc.)
- Highly developed communication skills
- Data and metrics driven
- Expert at technology to produce reports to understand campaign and channel performance, manage team, as well as report out to senior management
- Highly knowledgeable about marketing automation and CRM systems
- Experience partnering with sales on pipeline development with a collaborator mindset and known as the sales team’s best friend
- Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, hands on, and resourceful
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Strong project and time management skills, with high attention to detail
- Positive person who does what it takes to get the job done (in ethical way)
- Enterprise level product experience with more complex sale
- Experience marketing to law enforcement or elected officials
- Combination of startup and corporate experience
- ABM knowledge/experience
REPORTS TO: SVP of Marketing & Product Strategy
LOCATION: SF Bay Area or Remote
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.