Software Developer (Remote Contractor)
Shotspotter is looking for a Software Developer to help build and maintain complex applications for incident and resource tracking, case management on web and mobile platforms. This role requires strong technical and collaboration skills, and knowledge of a range of older web development tech stacks and Java versions. We are looking for someone who is, self-motivated and results-oriented, has good problem-solving skills, and is comfortable in a fast-paced changeable environment.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent development experience
- Experience with older versions of Java
- Experience with Java Web Frameworks
- Experience with application servers like Tomcat and WebLogic
- Good software design understanding
- Great attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Note: The Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.