Incident Review Center Specialist – Hiring All Shifts– FT/PT
The Incident Review Center Specialists are responsible for receiving, reviewing and analyzing the gunshot acoustics, and sending information to law enforcement agencies and 911 dispatch centers and officers serving the coverage area. As a member of the Customer Service team they provide the first level of support to our customers in solving and escalating their issues and concerns. These experts monitor acoustic surveillance systems status and report errors, faulty equipment, and other system problems; maintain active logs relative to system performance, gunfire incidents, and other system metrics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review incoming incidents for instances of gunfire, explosions, and other sounds and make classification decisions with a high level of accuracy
- Relay the necessary information to law enforcement agencies for dispatching and responding to the incident
- Follow the Incident Review Center’s workflow, policies and procedures
- Participate in the team and organizational initiatives, projects, and activities
- Monitor status and report errors, faulty equipment, logs, and other metrics and escalate as necessary
- As the first level of customer support, address customer concerns and questions, and triage and escalate to higher levels as necessary
- Ability to work rotating shifts including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced and at times high pressure environment knowing when and how to escalate
- Excellent customer service skills with a positive, can do attitude
- Effective approach to problem solving
- Strong attention to details and ability to work with a very high level of accuracy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong, effective problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow defined processes, procedures and workflow and follow directions
- Ability to use good judgement in prioritization, multi-tasking and escalation
- Minimum of one year of professional experience, preferably in a call center, Customer Service, Public Safety Organization, or other customer facing positions
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office suite including effective use of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with CRM tools such as SalesForce, JIRA or similar tools highly desirable
- Associate degree, or formal Dispatch/Law Enforcement training is strongly preferred
- Must be able to listen to audible notifications with a high level of accuracy
- Must be able to work as part of a team and support team goals, objectives, and performance metrics
LOCATION: Headquarters or Washington, DC area
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.