Service Operations Center Specialist – Hiring All Shifts– FT/PT
Reports to: HQ Manager
Location: Fremont CA HQ
Position Description: Police and law enforcement agencies around the globe are using ShotSpotter to provide real-time information about gunfire and explosions, enabling a more effective response to gun violence and giving them a more complete picture of crime, so they can better protect their personnel and their communities. When gunfire occurs outdoors in an area covered by ShotSpotter sensors, the software triangulates and pinpoints the precise location of each round fired within seconds. Detailed incident data is immediately sent to our Incident Review Center (IRC), where our gunfire and acoustic experts further analyze the data, qualify the incident and send a validated alert to the 9-1-1 dispatch center serving
• Monitor acoustic surveillance systems from the Central Reviewing Stations
• Review incoming incidents for instances of gunfire, explosions, and other loud suspicious sounds
• Relay this information to law enforcement agencies for dispatching
• Monitor acoustic surveillance systems status and report errors, faulty equipment, and other system problems
• Maintain activity logs relative to system performance, gunfire incidents, and other system metrics
• Maintain liaison with responding law enforcement agencies and provide additional incident information as needed
• Open cases using on-line tools
• Send cases to corresponding agencies and jurisdictions
• Review ShotSpotter incidents for accuracy and data collection
• Respond and take action to cases as appropriate
• T1 triage of cases as appropriate
• Familiarity with shift work, working shifts, and flexibility/ability to accommodate shift changes
• Helpdesk, call center, dispatch center, law enforcement, or military experience a plus Ability to work with minimal supervision individually and with a team
• Proven ability to work in high pressure environments knowing when and how to escalate
• Comfortable asking questions to understand how process impacts the team and the customer
• Ability to think on your feet and absorb ongoing training information
• Excellent, polished, and professional written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Familiarity with Salesforce (or equivalent CRM system), and JIRA a plus
• Polished professional who is a team player with a positive attitude
• Provide training to other team members
• Comfortable communicating across shifts to maintain synchronization
• Excellent problem solving skills and analytical ability
• Comfortable with taking on larger projects and cross functional contribution
• Self-starter with a proven track record
• Bias to making those around you successful and are comfortable working as a team player and mentor
• Proactive and ability to anticipate customer needs and requirements
• Contribute to building and maintaining a positive, can-do, high-performance culture
• Willingness to learn new things and go above and beyond
• Some knowledge of Salesforce, Netsuite, CRMs technologies in general is a plus
• Familiarity with MS Office suite, or WORD and EXCEL
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to follow written processes and work flow
• Can multi-task and remain productive under pressure
• Some knowledge of bug tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla, etc., is a plus
• Familiarity with on-line tools, social media sites, intranets, wikis, etc.
• Passionate about and committed to customer service!
• Due to the nature of our work – ability to hear and listen to audible notifications is required thus excellent hearing and ability to concentrate
• Be able to work rotating shifts including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
• Be generally available for short notice call-back
• 1-3+ years of work experience in a related or applicable field
• Work evenings, weekends and holidays and other peak activity time periods
About ShotSpotter, Inc.
ShotSpotter is the global leader in gunfire detection and location technology. ShotSpotter's solutions help law enforcement officials and security personnel identify, locate and deter gun violence. ShotSpotter is based in Newark, California and offers its solutions on a SaaS-based subscription model to customers around the world, with current customers located in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and South Africa.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or email@example.com for assistance.