Senior Software Engineer [Hybrid]
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced full stack developer to join our expanding Software Development team. In this role, you will help develop and design technology solutions that are scalable, relevant, and critical to our company’s success. You will be part of a talented software team that works on exciting mission-critical applications. Developer roles and responsibilities include hands on Full Stack application development while providing experienced expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing, building and deploying. You must have a solid skill set, a desire to continue to grow as a developer, and a team-player mentality.
- Works with other developers to ensure consistent architectural approaches & methods are used across Forensic Logic’s products to enable efficient and effective product development.
- Participation in the definition of processes, standards & guidelines for architecting software systems, as part of the Architecture function in Forensic Logic.
- Design, coding and deployment of new software applications using Agile practices.
- System/component analysis and design including requirement gathering and documentation.
- Support of existing software applications including bug fixing and critical issues response.
- Providing technical assistance regarding development/system environment setup and configuration.
- Performing code reviews.
- Estimation of project work.
- Developing technical direction for the project and ensuring technical quality of the code delivered.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- Min. 5+ years’ experience Applied Knowledge of Software Development.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate).
- Significant experience with front end web frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, etc…)
- Significant experience building and deploying APIs using REST, JSON, XML, etc.
- Source Control Management: Git.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Significant experience developing microservices and DevOps Technology such as Jenkins, Maven, Docker.
Note: The Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.