Sales Director, COPLINK X State and Local Law Enforcement
The Sales Director champions and proactively sells ShotSpotter’s COPLINK X solutions to local law enforcement agencies across the United States. The role involves seeking and developing new business and driving competitive sales opportunities. The Sales Director should possess an ability to initiate prospecting campaigns via phone and email to prospects and to understand the needs of local law enforcement agencies. The candidate must be comfortable making outbound prospecting calls, demonstrate proficiency in our products and in conducting compelling online product demonstrations. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of selling to local government.
- Identify key agency stakeholders, and account contacts designed to produce sales opportunities.
- Effectively demonstrate COPLINK X solutions, and articulate the value proposition of information-led decision making to reduce violent crime, gun violence, opioid trafficking, human trafficking, and other crimes presenting danger to communities
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels of client organizations
- Participate in pre-sales calls, create and deliver customized presentations, provide written proposals.
- Utilize knowledge of government requirements and contracting mechanisms to determine and position value-added solutions
- Understand the competition in the marketplace and easily differentiate to the customer Forensic Logic’s unique capabilities and value proposition
- Act as a knowledge champion in market-based product knowledge relative to the customer segment
- Assist in RFI/RFP responses
- Attain assigned sales goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Sales experience in local government markets, ideally in law enforcement, fraud, and identity management market.
- Working knowledge of modern sales concepts, methods, and techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate and relate to multiple levels of a client’s organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team player with strong business acumen, superior organizational skills and the ability to follow through
- Excellent writing & presentation skills. Show us you have the energy and passion to talk about our products all day every day!
- Public records/open-source data or CAD/RMS experience preferred
- An ability to travel is required, sometimes 50%
- Must be comfortable and proficient in web-based demo platforms
- com CRM experience or equivalent required.
- Prior law enforcement is a plus
- Western United States. Ideally NorCal or SoCal, or “one direct Southwest flight” to these locations.
- Quota carrying sales position. No direct reports. Reports to VP of Sales
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and the ability to travel via passenger airline.
- Competitive salary and commission plan
- Benefits include health, dental, vision, company match 401k
- Check us out at www.shotspotter.com/law-enforcement/coplink-x/
The Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.