Sales Development Representative
Are you an energetic, highly motivated Sales Development Rep with a strong ability to make key connections? We’re looking for team player who can confidently lead appointment setting efforts to drive pipeline.
The Sales Development Representative will generate net-new sales opportunities by prospecting into municipal, county and state governmental agencies. The successful SDR will also support company goals by building outreach campaigns around events, webinars, and other marketing programs. Reporting to the VP, Demand Generation this role involves a mix of inbound and outbound campaigns to include calls, emails, and creative campaigns (e.g. Direct Mail, InMail) to ensure high touch rate for prospects.
- Identify and research target prospects and execute outreach campaigns
- Work closely with Account Executives to execute campaigns in support of territory plans
- Outbound prospecting to target accounts through account and contact research
- Inbound lead qualification and follow up from marketing events, conferences, trade shows, email campaigns and website inquiries
- Educate prospects on ShotSpotter’s solutions through calls, emails, and web presentations
- Create new pipeline, nurture engaged early stage prospects and support sales acceleration goals
- Schedule initiating meetings as well as helping move opportunities through the pipeline
- Manage and log all activity in Salesforce.com
- Track individual metrics and report data to director and management team on a regular basis
Our Ideal Candidate
- Positive contributor, who seeks out opportunities to drive business results
- Brings a proven track record of setting meetings and tracking outreach in a CRM
- High energy, innovative, proactive, hands on, and resourceful
- Professional acumen with the ability to build strong rapport with others
- Successfully manages shifting priorities and works independently in a fast-paced, environment
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree
- 1-2 years of outbound calling corporate SDR or Sales experience carrying a quota
- Understanding of Salesforce (or similar CRM tools)
- Strong project management skills
Preferred Experience and Attributes
- Experience in B2B SaaS company that sells an enterprise subscription with complex sale
- Experience creating email cadence scripts that improve open and click rates
- Knowledge of marketing automation and sales engagement tools such as HubSpot and SalesHub is a plus
- Spanish Proficiency
Note: The Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.