Repair & Logistics Technician Part Time
We are looking for a part time entry level person to help us repair & ship equipment to projects.
- Have a basic knowledge of electrical wiring.
- Troubleshoot, diagnosis & repairs returned sensors and equipment.
- Receive returned equipment into NetSuite and ServiceMax systems.
- Work with the Director of Procurement to order replacement parts.
- Keep operations lab area orderly and neat.
- Support field technicians from headquarters to ensure they have all necessary equipment to perform the service and or installation.
- Update records in Salesforce and ServiceMax to accurately account for work done.
- Issues return authorization numbers in NetSuite and ServiceMax and tracks status.
- Maintain repair log of equipment with failure cause and repair for future analysis.
- Perform duties of Shipping & Receiving Clerk
- Prepare shipments of equipment for repairs and installations as needed, both domestic and international
- Track shipments
- Call shipping carrier, daily, for missing shipments or shipments stuck in customs
- Maintain a received packages log
- Ensure carrier pickups occur as scheduled and if the carrier misses a pickup, make other arrangements for packages to be picked up
- Generate labels for contractors in the field
- Help with year-end inventory count.
- Perform other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds, climb ladders, work on roofs, bend, stoop, crawl, have finger/wrist/arm mobility, and finger dexterity.
- Self-starter with great organizational skills and willing to learn and go above and beyond.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, ServiceMax, NetSuite, Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint/OneDrive, Zoom and/or MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lync/Skype and Outlook) is a plus.
- Ability to follow written processes and work flow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner.
- Work hours will be determined as repairs and installations are scheduled. Flexible availability is required.
Location: Newark, CA Headquarters
Reports to: Director of Procurement
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or email@example.com for assistance.