As a member of the Sales Operations team, the Proposal Manager develops timely and accurate quotes, competitive proposals, and unsolicited proposals in support of the Sales Team. The Proposal Manager will contribute to the development and management of proposal content, strategy, as well as refining existing templates. This is a highly networked role that requires the ability to work under pressure and with challenging deadlines.
Proven ability to successfully lead proposal development efforts in a fast-paced environment. Must be experienced in scheduling and running proposal kick-off meetings, facilitating key review meetings/final document review, coordinating sign-off, document production, and proposal delivery. Must have extensive experience with content development and content management.
- Develop and deliver compliant, quality quotes and proposals, adhering to established (Shipley-based) processes and customer deadlines
- Coordinate and review/edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders across the company
- Establish and maintain proposal content library
- Support development of sample RFP specifications for all products
- Collaborate with team to foster continuous improvement of content and processes
- Provide copyediting and proofreading support to team
- Promote proposal development best practices
- Minimum 10 years of state/local government proposal management experience required; public safety technology experience ideal
- Advanced MS Word skills; proficiency in MS Office, Salesforce, and SharePoint
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management capabilities
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Communications
Reports to: VP, Sales Operations
The company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add, or otherwise change the above at any time.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.