IT System Administrator
Location: Newark, CA
• Ensures that applications, networks and platforms are monitored, analyzed and evaluated for performance degradation and problem areas.
• Assists development teams in designing, establishing and deploying applications
• Deploys and administers tools for monitoring and continuous integration
• Partners with IT team to improve office productivity
• Implementation of monitoring systems: Zabbix, Nagios, SNMP
• Experienced with scripting in PHP, Perl, Python, shell
• Experienced with VMware and related virtualization platforms
• Experienced with deployment automation: Puppet, Chef, etc.
• Strong understanding of systems using real time interactions
• Solid understanding of an RDBMS, SQL and Network protocols
• Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture and highly distributed systems
• Proficiency with Linux environment
• Understanding of code management systems, preferably Git or SVN.
• Experience with AWS tools and services
• Experience with RabbitMQ, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgress
• Experience with continuous integration (CI) / continuous deployment systems (CD), Docker
• Experience with security certification
Note: the Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at anytime.
About ShotSpotter, Inc.
ShotSpotter (NASDAQ: SSTI) is the leader in gunfire detection, location and incident-specific forensic analysis solutions that assist police and security personnel in their efforts to deter gun violence. ShotSpotter solutions are trusted by more than 90 cities to help make their communities, campuses and facilities safer.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.