Human Resources Generalist
At ShotSpotter, your role as an HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like organizing trainings, administering employee benefits and leaves and crafting HR policies. We are looking for a qualified and resourceful HR generalist to support our growing company. The HR generalist will have responsibilities in the day-to-day operations across all aspects of HR, including recruiting, onboarding and employee policy administration. If you are a people-person who thrives in a fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you to accelerate your HR career.
- Manage the organization’s HRIS to coordinate employee benefits, leaves and absences administration.
- Coordinate employee satisfaction surveys and provide actionable insights to improve employee experience.
- Support employees when human resources issues arise.
- Reinforce the company policies, rules, and procedures to ensure employees’ safety.
- Assist in the coordination of staffing and recruitment including job postings, review and select resumes and database management.
- Plan onboarding strategies and perform new employee orientation to deliver an exceptional first day experience.
- Recommend and develop employee relations practices to foster a positive employer-employee relationship. Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews and make actionable recommendations based on data.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements.
- Coordinate delivery of seminars, workshops to enhance professional development for employees.
- Process documentation, create reports on general HR activity.
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field
- 5+ years of experience working in the human resources field.
- At least 3 year of experience in labor relations and compliance
- At least 3 year of experience managing benefits programs.
- 5+ years implementing tactics to improve performance management.
- Ability to develop and manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- High level of customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Capacity to apply discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Good understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Excellent record-keeping skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures and best practices
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HRIS systems (e.g. TriNet) will be a plus.
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Human resources certification (PHR or SPHR) or additional HR training will be a plus
- Good knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing employee relations practices
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics and knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Experience leading Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations (ADA, EEO, FMLA, FLSA) and the ability to appropriately spot employment risk issues
Location: Headquarters, Newark, CA
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.