Field Installation Technician (Remote – US)
The Field Installation Technician will install ShotSpotter systems and associated equipment in the field. The Field Installation Technician will work in accordance with defined specifications, technical standards, and maintain requirements for health, safety and quality at the highest levels. The work environment involves physical risks and hazardous conditions.
The following reflects ShotSpotter’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons:
- Responsible for the installation of ShotSpotter field equipment
- Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local codes, etc.) while working in an efficient and productive manner.
- Schedule installs with property owner – call/email/text appointment for installs.
- Perform site surveys for new installations to determine the best positioning/mounting of the equipment for strongest signal reception and safety.
- Follow detailed installation instructions/drawings, standards, guidelines and procedures, where needed, including submitting for permitting where required.
- Interprets various documents (e.g. blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of ShotSpotter equipment using technical expertise, and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
- Operate machinery/equipment as needed (lift, bucket truck, etc.)
- Responsible for acquiring new locations and permissions for installation when original locations are lost due to access or physical limitations.
- Update and close work orders for ShotSpotter installation and maintenance, including equipment verification checkout.
- Work with Manager and Field Service team to set daily/weekly goals, resource planning, and installation schedules.
- Perform other field activities as provided by Management.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining company equipment, materials and tools as required.
- Preferrable: a licensed/certified electrician, experience with high voltage to low voltage wiring, color coding, weatherproofing, grounding, and device-mounting.
- Required to work at heights installing ShotSpotter equipment/materials on top of commercial and/or government buildings, private homes, utility and/or light poles, etc. including mounts, power supplies, and solar panels/equipment, where applicable.
- Experience in the mobile, electrical or cable installation field preferred.
- Must be able to properly use and care for various hand tools (and heavy-duty tools at times).
- Must be able to travel (50-75%).
- Candidates must be willing and able to work on high-elevation rooftops, poles, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must have basic computer/mobile device skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to work and complete tasks independently, both in an office environment and outside in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to take direction, follow instructions and accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Able to recognize safety hazards and perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Must be a self-starter and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Technician is frequently required and must be able to do the following:
- Climb 500 vertical feet per day in all weather conditions, year-round.
- Stand for long periods of time on a ladder.
- Lift/carry up to 75 lbs.
- Ground floor access for equipment and dedicated off-street parking at technician’s residence is a plus.
Location: Remote (US Only)
Must be able to travel (50-75%). Travel is within the U.S.
Note: The Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.