Director – Investigative Solutions
ShotSpotter Investigate is an investigative case management system. ShotSpotter is seeking to hire a Director of Solutions Sales for our Investigate product, who will be responsible for acting as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on this solution, the field of investigative case management, as well as the challenges that it helps to address. The Director – Investigative Solutions will work with the Vice President of Sales – Solutions Group, Marketing, and Product Development, to drive a proactive and programmatical go-to-market strategy. Responsibilities will include, at a minimum, the following:
- Work as a product-SME to assist the Sales Directors in higher priority presentations & meetings with key decision-makers across their territories.
- Will be primary person responsible for providing demos of solution.
- Work in a consultative role to assist the Sales Directors on strategy, diagnosing prospective customer pain points, messaging, value, justification, funding, and closings.
- Work in a consultative role to assist the Sales Directors in executing the Persuasion Code (Pain, Claim, Gain) strategy & techniques. Note, that the person hired for this role will receive training in the Persuasion Code concepts.
- Assist Sales Operations in RFP responses.
- Work with Marketing and Product Management to define/refine our Value Proposition, ROI, and messaging for this product offering.
- Work with Product Management in a consultative manner to recommend what features and capabilities should be built into the solution and how they should be prioritized in the product roadmap.
- Work with Marketing and Product Management to define/refine our Sales Collateral.
- Work with Marketing and Product Management to optimize our pricing model.
- Work with Marketing on demand generation efforts to fuel the sales engine and add to the sales funnel for the product.
- Work with Sales Operations to optimize the message and effectiveness of our proposal templates.
- Define and promote alternative funding sources.
- Understand the competitive landscape and act as a consultant/SME to the company’s Sales Directors on all matters of a competitive nature.
- Define and maintain an understanding in the field of investigative case management, complementary technologies & companies.
Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Law enforcement background, preferably at a supervisory level overseeing investigative unit, and/or 5+ years experience supporting sales efforts in public safety sector.
- Strong understanding of, and ideally professional experience with, investigative case management and/or Record Management Systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively (Average 3-4 days of travel per week).
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or email@example.com for assistance.