Director, Analytic Solutions
ShotSpotter Connect is a crime risk and patrol management tool. ShotSpotter is seeking to hire a Solutions Director for our Connect product, who will be responsible for acting as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on this solution, the field of predictive policing, specifically Risk Terrain Modeling, crime and hot spot analysis, and the law enforcement challenges that these methods help address. The Director – Analytic Solutions will work with the Vice President of Sales – Solutions Group, Marketing, and Product Development, to drive a proactive and programmatical go-to-market strategy. Candidate must live in the continental US and be able to travel up to 75% of the time. Responsibilities will include, at a minimum, the following:
- Work with Marketing and Product Management to define/refine our Value Proposition, ROI, and messaging for this product offering.
- Work with Marketing and Product Management to define/refine our Sales Collateral.
- Work with Marketing and Product Management to optimize our pricing model.
- Work with Marketing on demand generation efforts to fuel the sales engine and add to the sales funnel for the product.
- Work with Sales Operations to optimize the message and effectiveness of our proposal templates.
- Define and promote alternative funding sources.
- Understand the competitive landscape and act as a consultant/SME to the company’s Regional Sales Directors on all matters of a competitive nature.
- Define and maintain an understanding in the field of predictive policing, risk terrain modeling, hot spot analysis, and complementary technologies & companies.
- Work as a product-SME to assist the Regional Sales Directors in higher priority presentations, product demonstrations & meetings with key decision-makes across their territories.
- Work in a consultative role to assist the Regional Sales Directors on strategy, diagnosing prospective customer pain points, messaging, value, justification, funding, and closings.
- Work in a consultative role to assist the Regional Sales Directors in executing the Persuasion Code (Pain, Claim, Gain) strategy & techniques. Note, that the person hired for this role will receive training in the Persuasion Code concepts.
Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Law enforcement background, preferably at an executive or supervisory level with experience in use of crime analysis to manage resource deployments.
- Strong understanding of crime analysis methodologies, especially Risk Terrain Modeling.
- Strong understanding of the role of gun Violence interrupter groups in addressing crime.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
Note: The Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.