Data Integration Engineer
Data Integration Engineer will design, build, test and deploy integration software to our clients. Engineer will utilize in-house and industry-standard technologies to perform duties related to data analysis, conversion, consolidation and synchronization.
• Analyze/reverse-engineer client database structures/schemas.
• Document database structures, schemas.
• Build ETL/ELT connectors from our client’s data to our solution.
• Build transformations around the data.
• Verify quality of converted data using automated test suites and ad hoc testing.
• Step through and debug ETL processes.
• Conduct validation sessions with client agencies.
• Establish ongoing synchronization between databases.
• Learn new technologies as our company grows.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Relational Database experience (Microsoft SQL Server preferred).
• Experience with languages used in Apache Spark (Python/Scala/SQL).
• Exposure to data modelling notations such as ERD, Instance Diagramming, and/or UML.
• Excellent documentation skill is a must.
• Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented while multi-tasking and a team player.
• Experience working in Databricks/Apache Spark
• Proficient in Python or Scala
• Proficient in SQL
• Experience with multiple RDBMS platforms (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL)
• Experience performance tuning queries and database indexes
• Experience working in Microsoft Azure (preferred) or AWS
About Forensic Logic
Forensic Logic, acquired by ShotSpotter, deploys the largest, most powerful network of users, information, and technology in American law enforcement. Powered by the most advanced search and analysis technology in the industry, we give our users the information they need to keep themselves and their communities safe.
Location: Tucson, AZ
Reports to: Director, Professional Services
All offers of employment are subject to fingerprinting, criminal record checks, and background checks.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or email@example.com for assistance.