Content Marketing Manager
ShotSpotter is on a mission to improve public safety for all communities. We do this by providing precision policing technology solutions that help law enforcement save lives, close cases and deter crime. We are a leader in the space trusted by more than 120 cities and have an NPS of +70.
We are a diverse and passionate group of people who care about making a difference. Most of us have had more mainstream tech jobs and found this category and company to be special and incredibly fulfilling. We are proud of doing work that matters and hungry to make an impact. We have been selected multiple times as a Great Place to Work®
We are looking for a talented, creative, high-energy, adaptable, and analytical content marketing manager with excellent writing skills to generate engaging original content across our products and online channels. We want a storyteller that has the ability to respond to timely topics and a passion for developing thought-provoking content that will appeal to our target audience. Content can be promoted online via our blog, website, social media, marketing campaigns, and other methods to generate a higher Google ranking, a greater following and more inbound leads. This could be a life-changing move in your career as the company is an amazing place to learn, grow, do, and make a difference.
- Writing high-quality, thought-provoking original content in various formats: blog posts, SEO articles, webpage content, success stories, e-books, social media posts, video scripts, webinars, research reports, and more.
- Interviewing subject matter experts and transforming technical ideas into engaging stories for the target audience.
- Staying on top of the industry trends, current affairs and policies, and always have a pulse on what’s top-of-mind for law enforcement, elected officials, and community groups.
- Researching SEO keywords or subject matter for content development.
- Optimizing content for SEO and Google Analytics.
- Tracking key metrics for content marketing success; regularly evaluating how content is performing in terms of views, keyword rankings, conversions, etc.
- Creating and managing engaging social media posts on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to support marketing activities and build a strong audience base.
- Owning the content process from pitch to publication.
- Promoting new posts through various channels, ensuring strong web presence to attract new inbound leads.
- Inviting other partners, experts, or other notable guests to contribute content.
- Upholding client’s voice and tone in every piece of content.
- Providing editorial expertise and content best practices to cross-functional partners across the organization.
- Meeting fast-paced deadlines.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or related field.
- 3-5 years of proven content marketing experience, specifically executing a program to build awareness and deliver qualified leads
- Samples of engaging marketing materials such as blog posts, success stories, ebooks, videos, webpage content, etc.
- Exceptional copywriting, communication & project management skills.
- Experience with SEO best practices, keyword research, measurement of content effectiveness, and SEO tools such as SEMrush, Ahrefs, etc.
- Strong work ethic, team-player mentality, and experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment managing multiple workstreams end-to-end.
- Strong understanding of the target audience and industry trends.
- Proficiency with computers, social media platforms, Google Analytics, MS Office, and SEO keywords, basic understanding of WordPress/HTML.
Reports to: Sr. Marketing Manager
Location: Fremont California or remote
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.