Local Government and Community Partnership Director
The Local Government and Community Partnership Director is responsible for building relationships with local community leaders and local government officials in cities where there are existing and prospective ShotSpotter customers. S/He will educate community and government groups on ShotSpotter solutions and outcomes to increase their understanding of and support for the deployment of ShotSpotter in their city.
- Identify critical local community groups, leaders and government officials who have the potential to have a major influence in the acceptance or rejection of purchasing or renewing ShotSpotter solutions.
- In coordination with the Customer Success Director, build relationships with identified group leaders and officials
- Develop and execute educational programs for identified groups.
- Participate in local city meetings to brief city officials on ShotSpotter outcomes to demonstrate the value of ShotSpotter’s system in support of contract renewals.
- Seek opportunities to partner with other entities such as IACA, IALEIA, The Police Foundation, Urban Institute, Urban League, Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), Operation Ceasefire, and IACP as a subject matter expert (SME).
- Develop strategies for working with local law enforcement agencies to strengthen their community outreach and engagement
- Develop and maintain best practices and support materials/tools for community policing
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to establish metrics & quantitative measurements to monitor the success of community and local government engagement.
- Build a network of local community and local government ShotSpotter supporters to act as references
- Support Marketing efforts to educate and engage community members and leaders
- Bachelor degree or higher in a related field
- Experience advocating for community driven causes or programs and working closely with community leaders.
- Experience in directly developing and leading community programs and/or overseeing community engagement programs for a mayor’s office. Programs focused on youth or crime prevention a plus.
- Proven track record of successfully collaborating with and influencing cross-functional stakeholders, political and community leaders.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with law enforcement desired
- Must be team oriented, resourceful, with critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership experience at executive level preferred.
- Extensive travel is required.
- Credibility with the community
REPORTS TO: VP, Customer Success
The company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.