Associate Project Manager
ShotSpotter is looking for an Associate Project Manager, who will be responsible for obtaining permissions to install acoustic sensors from points of contact for private residences, businesses, public buildings, and utility companies, and coordinating the installation activities. Associate Project Managers will work with Project Managers and Field Services to ensure permission deliverables are effectively obtained and held to schedule. Success in this position will require an understanding of ShotSpotter hardware and software functionality, and excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Assist and contribute by reviewing ShotSpotter sensor arrays designed by project managers and conducting surveys in the coverage area to identify and select suitable locations for sensor and communications layer devices.
- Responsible for acquiring permissions for installation.
- Review recommended location details with Project Management and Field Services.
- Work with customer liaisons, public officials, commercial businesses, homeowners, and other resources as needed to obtain site permissions.
- Work with Manager and Field Service team to set daily/weekly goals, resource planning, and installation schedules.
- Follow detailed installation instructions/drawings, standards, guidelines, and procedures, where needed, including submitting for permitting where required.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- 2-4 years of Project Management experience, or equivalent.
- Must have willingness and ability to travel throughout the U.S. (up to 90% of the time) required; some international travel may be required.
- Must be a self-starter and have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills.
- Must be comfortable with heights, surveying potential locations for ShotSpotter equipment/materials on top of commercial and/or government buildings, and private homes.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must have basic computer/mobile device skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to work and complete tasks independently, both in an office environment and outside in all weather conditions.
- Strong project management fundamentals preferred.
- Familiarity in the mobile, electrical or cable installation field preferred.
- Familiarity with CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce), online collaboration tools (e.g., Confluence, Sharepoint), and Google Earth a plus.
Note: The Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.