Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late –
Be Prepared For Gunfire Incidents
Protect Students, Faculty and Staff with Gunshot Detection Services
Seconds Matter in an Active Shooting
Department of Homeland Security research reveals that the average duration of an active shooter incident at a school is 12.5 minutes. In contrast, the average response time for law enforcement is 18 minutes*. Response times must be improved.
*Source: Department of Homeland Security
- Real-time active shooter alerts are critical so that first responders can arrive almost instantaneously to the specific location with as much situational awareness as possible.
- Recent tragedies have shown that shooters will not stop until they are confronted by law enforcement.
- Dispatching from the real-time alerts, instead of waiting for 9-1-1 calls, gets first responders on the scene more quickly and can save more lives in an active shooting.
Locate gunfire within 60 seconds
- ShotSpotter’s security solution is like a fire alarm for active shooter events: it provides immediate notification with a specific location and can offer a life-saving time advantage.
- ShotSpotter is the leading gunshot location technology capable of detecting outdoor threats in and around your campus so you can protect your students, staff and faculty where they live, work, and play.
Securing Your Campus
Be prepared with timely information that leads to a faster response.
Our round-the-clock gunshot monitoring gives you the peace of mind that you are ready to respond quickly.
Detect 90% of gunfire within 60 seconds
Get a precise location of the gunfire incident within 25 meters
Alerts are sent to dispatch or mobile devices so campus or local police can get to crime scene quickly
Coordinate multiple technology platforms to ensure real-time intelligence. Gunshot location and time data can be integrated with nearly all security technologies to automatically enhance the response and investigative follow up to a gunshot incident.
- Point and zoom cameras toward gunfire incident
- Connect to access control or PSIM systems
- Integrate with mass communication platforms
Protecting Campuses Every Day
Total institutions protected
*Total includes 11 direct SecureCampus customers and 133 covered by ShotSpotter Flex
Metropolitan areas covered
Schools with enrollment >10K
Are public universities
Hear from Security Officials and Students
“The ShotSpotter alert triggered an immediate police response, saving invaluable time in getting the victim the medical attention needed.”
“Gunshots get verified by ShotSpotter and come into our 911 center as verified gunfire with exact location”
Chief David Mitchell University of Maryland
“(ShotSpotter) reported exactly where the shots were fired”
George Dandelake Edward Waters College Administration: Special Assistant to President
ShotSpotter Security Solutions
ARE YOU PREPARED FOR AN ACTIVE SHOOTING INCIDENT?
Contact ShotSpotter to learn how we can help secure your campus.