SHOOTING VICTIMS DIE
EVIDENCE IS NOT COLLECTED
THE COMMUNITY THINKS THE POLICE DON’T CARE
LOCAL ECONOMY &
JOBS IMPACTED *
* Source: The Effect of Gun Violence on Local Economies, Urban Institute, 2016
ShotSpotter Proactively Addresses Gun Violence Issues
Detect 90%+ of gunfire incidents with a precise location in less than 60 seconds to significantly improve response times.
Protect patrol officers with increased tactical awareness such as number of rounds and shooters as they approach crime scenes.
Connect investigators to the location of shell casings and other forensic evidence while improving police-community relations.
See Why 90+ Cities Trust ShotSpotter
and it can help save lives, too. “MAYOR TONI HARPNew Haven, CT | Customer since 2011
to do their jobs better. “CHIEF OF POLICE ALLWYN BROWNRichmond PD | Customer since 2012
How ShotSpotter Works
SENSORS AND SOFTWARE
Acoustic sensors are strategically placed in a coverage area. When a gun is fired, the sensors detect shots fired. Audio triangulation pinpoints gunfire location and machine-learning algorithms analyze the sound. If the sound and visual audio signature match gunfire it is passed along to the Incident Review Center (IRC)
ShotSpotter is the only gunshot detection system to include human acoustic expertise for enhanced assessment of possible gunshots. Acoustic experts at the IRC review each incident in seconds and add tactical intelligence such as “multiple shooters” and “back of building”. Confirmed gunshots are published.
Alerts to Agencies
Notifications are sent to dispatch centers, MDTs and smartphones. These alerts contain a full set of contextual information. Total time from gunshot to alert is less than 60 seconds. Alerts can trigger other systems such as cameras to pan, tilt, and zoom near an incident.
The Most Complete & Reliable Gunshot
Detection Solution Enables Better Policing
- Detects, locates and alerts on gunfire in under 60 seconds
- Acoustic experts filter out false positives
- Tactical intelligence provided for patrol officers
- Detailed location data aids in evidence collection
- Hotspot analysis enables effective deployment of PD resources
- Detailed forensic reports aid investigation and prosecution
- Optional integration to VMS, LPR, CAD, RMS, RTCC
- Simple, affordable subscription service. No IT integration required