SHOOTING VICTIMS DIE
EVIDENCE IS NOT COLLECTED
THE COMMUNITY THINKS THE POLICE DON’T CARE
LOCAL ECONOMY &
JOBS SUFFER *
* Source: The Effect of Gun Violence on Local Economies, Urban Institute, 2016
ShotSpotter Proactively Addresses Gun Violence Issues
Detect 90%+ of gunfire incidents with a precise location in less than 60 seconds to significantly improve response times.
Protect patrol officers with increased tactical awareness such as number of rounds and shooters as they approach crime scenes.
Connect investigators to the location of shell casings and other forensic evidence, while also improving police-community relations.
Learn Why 90+ Cities Trust ShotSpotter
and it can help save lives, too. “MAYOR TONI HARPNew Haven, CT | Customer since 2011
to do their jobs better. “CHIEF OF POLICE ALLWYN BROWNRichmond PD | Customer since 2012
How ShotSpotter Works
SENSORS AND SOFTWARE
Acoustic sensors are strategically placed in a coverage area. When a gun is fired, the sensors detect shots fired. Audio triangulation pinpoints gunfire location and machine-learning algorithms analyze the sound. Likely gunshots are transmitted to the Incident Review Center.
Acoustic experts at the Incident Review Center analyze incidents in seconds and add relevant tactical intelligence such as “multiple shooters” and “automatic weapons”. This may change how officers approach the crime scene. Confirmed gunshots are published within seconds.
Alerts to Agencies
Notifications are sent to dispatch centers, patrol car MDTs and officer smartphones. Total time from gunshot to alert is less than 60 seconds. Alerts can integrate with and trigger other systems such as cameras to pan, tilt, and zoom in the direction of a gunshot incident.
The Most Complete & Reliable Gunshot
Detection Solution Enables Better Policing
- Detects, locates and alerts on gunfire in less than 60 seconds
- Acoustic experts filter out false positives
- Tactical intelligence provided for patrol officers
- Detailed location data aids in evidence collection
- Improved evidence collection feeds your NIBIN program
- Near real-time reports support on-scene witness and suspect interviews
- Forensic reports provide court-admissible evidence for prosecution
- Simple, affordable subscription service — no IT integration required