What funding options are available?
There are many Federal and alternative options available including congressional appropriations, Department of Homeland Security grants, Department of Justice grants and other funding options.
Can we pursue multiple funding sources?
- Yes. Many of the funding opportunities require no local match and there is no penalty for pursuing multiple sources. As such, it is encouraged that your agency apply for as many appropriate funding opportunities as possible.
How can the ShotSpotter funding team help?
- We provide one-on-one service and will walk you and your agency through the process.
- For specific opportunities, our team will review and provide comment on your draft application, solicit letters of support from your Congressional delegation and provide strategic consulting to increase your opportunities for success.
- Size doesn't matter. Counties, cities, towns, tribes, institutions and companies of all sizes can benefit from our services.
- Leverage our experience! Our team includes some of the nation's most successful federal advocates.
- In most cases, there is no cost to your agency.
Who has successfully secured funding?
- From 2008 through 2010, our funding team guided customers toward securing approximately $8 million in funds.
- Many of our customers have used federal and alternative funding for system purchase, expansion and lifecycle operating costs.
What are the next steps?