- Release Date: May 23, 2012
- Version: Flex Server: 2012.2.2.20819 Alert Console: 2012.2.2.20819 Incident & Reports Portal: 2012.2.2. 20819
- Upgrade Window: January 01, 1970
Release 2012.2.2 of the cloud-based ShotSpotter FlexSM gunfire alert and analysis solution provides a fix to a rare circumstance in which extremely large numbers of non-gunfire incidents (never actually experienced in live production environments) could temporarily suppress gunfire alerts in one of the two Flex consoles, even though incidents were still being properly detected, located, and reported to customers. The release also delivers upgraded graphics and icons to differentiate the ShotSpotter Flex Alert Console from the Incident & Reports Console and improves supportability by clearly identifying which cloud server customers are using. Release 2012.2.2 builds upon recent enhancements delivered which include a new Alert Console design optimized for mobile or patrol vehicle users using low resolution touchscreens (XGA, or 800x600 pixels), expanded incident list view with more legible type, and a new incident details tab which provides full incident details without crowding the incident list screen, a number of performance and user interface enhancements and secure, encrypted live text-based chat functionality which allows customers to communicate in real-time with trained, expert SST gunfire incident reviewers about any ShotSpotter incident activation 24x7x365 and during normal support hours with SST customer support.
Automatic Upgrade Notification
Your ShotSpotter consoles will notify users automatically of the available upgrade:
- An issue was fixed in which rare circumstances (never seen in live production systems) of extremely high non-gunfire activity could temporarily suppress gunfire alerts in the Alert Console, despite the fact that gunfire incidents were properly being detected, located, stored, and reported. This issue did not affect the Incidents & Reports Portal, nor would it have effected real-time notification of external systems such as external video surveillance systems. The issue was never experienced on a live production customer installation.
- Minor changes to the main alerts user interface window, the user login window, the About box were made to identify the specific cloud server on which a particular Alert Console is hosted. This can be helpful for support requests. The host name is displayed in each of these windows immediately after the version information. For example, in all three examples shown below from the Alert Console, the cloud server is named us1. (The fully qualified host name is us1.shotspotter.net.)
|Main user interface window|
Incident & Reports Portal
- The same minor change to reflect the identity of the specific cloud server on which the Incident & Reports Portal is connected explained above has also been made to the I&RP. The visual changes are the same as described above for the Alert Console.
- In order to visually differentiate the desktop shortcut icon for the Incident & Reports Portal from the icon for the Alerts Console, the I&RP icon has been changed slightly to show a black reticle in the lower right-hand corner:
|Web Application Installation Security Dialog|
|Desktop Shortcut Icon|
Note: users who already have the Incident & Reports Portal installed will not see the new icon on their desktop, even after upgrade, due to a limitation of the Microsoft Silverlight Out-of-Browser application environment. If you wish to see the new icon, you may manually uninstall the application and re-install from your SST server by following these steps:
Launch the I&RP and make a note of your server name.
- Right-click anywhere within the window and select Remove this application… from the context menu.
- Open a web browser and click on or paste in to your browser the appropriate installation link (URL), depending on which server you made not of in Step 1. (If you do not know your installation URL, please contact SST Customer Support.)
- Click the Install button (which will appear after a brief animation) to re-install I&RP.
- ShotSpotter Flex Server (build tagged 2012.2.1.20819)
- ShotSpotter Flex Alert Console (console displays build 2012.2.1.20819)
- ShotSpotter Flex Reviewer Console (console displays build 2012.2.1.20819)
- ShotSpotter Flex Incident & Reports Portal (portal displays build 2012.2.1.20819)
SST Customer Support is available to all customers with valid ShotSpotter Flex Support contracts. You may contact SST Customer Support:
Via Live Chat
From either the ShotSpotter Flex Alert Console or the ShotSpotter Flex Incident & Reports Portal, look for the chat links:
or by following this link in any web browser:
Phone support is available Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time. Please contact our support team during these hours at: +1 (888) 274–6877, then dial option 4.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include as much detail as possible so we may better serve you quickly.
Product: ShotSpotter Flex