Core Analysis Platform v7.6.9 (for ShotSpotter Flex)
- Release Date: June 05, 2012
- Version: LocServer: 184.108.40.206713 LocServer Remote (Remote Edition) 220.127.116.11713 LocServer Remote (Internal) 18.104.22.168713 ShotSpotter Database Schema Flex: New Patch Level 89
- Upgrade Window: January 01, 1970
Version 7.6.9 of the ShotSpotter Core Analysis Platform is a “dot release” containing minor upgrades to the initial release of Core Analysis Platform Version 7.6 (version 22.214.171.124393). This dot release improves sensor calibration during both live fire testing and during production conditions with community-generated gunfire. An improvement in incident audio .MP3 files has also been made. The release also addresses minor issues related to the use of release 7.6 generally for international customers.
For ShotSpotter Flex customers, new data and reports functionality will be added to the ShotSpotter cloud infrastructure. These new reports permit detailed incident timelines to be gathered for all incidents through a database query, thus incident review, alert, and dispatch metrics to be calculated for one, many, or all incidents. Because SST maintains all operational databases for its ShotSpotter Flex customers as part of the Flex cloud-based offering, SST will deploy Database Patch level 89 as part of the upgrade to 7.6.9. For OnSite customers, a subsequent database patch will be separately released to provide similar functionality.
Version 7.6.9 builds upon the core release of Version 7.6, which delivered major improvements in performance and server utilization efficiency both to ShotSpotter OnSite customers and as part of SST’s ShotSpotter Flex managed services offering. A new remote monitoring tool, called LocServer Remote (Remote Edition) permits monitoring and maintenance of both OnSite and Flex installations of the ShotSpotter LocServer component of the Core Analysis Platform. This version delivers built-in support for SST’s 24x7x365 Reviewed Alerts Services previously available to Flex and select beta OnSite customers. Version 7.6 also delivers improved automatic incident classification configuration, training, and performance, improved coverage area modeling capabilities, automatic configuration of sensor elevations, enhanced helicopter sound filtering, and numerous other improvements.
Updated Core Analysis Platform Components
Location Server (“LocServer”) (build 126.96.36.199713)
LocServer Remote (Remote Edition) (build 188.8.131.52713)
LocServer Remote (Internal Edition) (build 184.108.40.206713)
ShotSpotter Database Schema Flex Customers: Database Patch Level 89
ShotSpotter Flex Customers
SST will upgrade the cloud-based Core Analysis Platform infrastructure to version 7.6.9 and Database Patch 89 for all ShotSpotter Flex customers during the regular Tuesday maintenance window from 0930-1130am PDT (GMT-7) on June 5. Actual system downtime is expected to be a matter of minutes. After the upgrade is complete, SST Customer Support will notify customers per its normal procedure. Because the upgrade affects only the back-end cloud infrastructure, there will be no visible changes to the ShotSpotter Flex software used by customers directly. The ShotSpotter Flex Alert Console and ShotSpotter Flex Incident & Reports Portal will continue to display Release 2012.2.1.20813 before and after the upgrade.
ShotSpotter OnSite Customers
SST Customer Support will coordinate the upgrade process for the Core Analysis Platform for ShotSpotter OnSite customers with current support and maintenance contracts. Upgrades will take between 1 and 2 hours, depending on the size of your installation and the number of sensors and databases deployed. With the exception of the remote management tools, the Core Analysis Platform runs exclusively on customer server infrastructure and its version number is generally not customer-visible except by logging in to the server. Users of OnSite user interface (ShotSpotter Public Safety Console and ShotSpotter Alert Console software) will not see a version change in their client software. The current version of the Public Safety Console and Alert Console will remain version 7.2 for customers without Reviewed Alert Services and 7.4 for versions with Reviewed Alert Services.
Authorized System Providers
Authorized System Providers, both domestic and international, will be contacted by SST Customer Support on behalf of each OnSite customer whom they support. The Core Analysis Platform upgrade process will be coordinated with the ASP, and the ASP will be provided with the new LocServer Remote (Remote Edition) management software as part of the CAP upgrade.
Incident Timeline Data
After upgrading to Patch Level 89, SST Support can provide customers accurate second-by-second records of incident activities both before and after triggering of the incident. A future release may make all or some of this data accessible from the Incident & Reports Portal. Customers accessing ShotSpotter data directly should refer to ShotSpotter Application Note 101: ShotSpotter Data, available from SST Customer Support for detailed data types and explanations. A summary of newly-accessible timeline data follows:
- Trigger Time (time at which first ShotSpotter sensor triggered on gunfire impulse)
- Location Time (time at which ShotSpotter LocServer calculated gunfire location)
- Acknowledged Time (time at which SST Review personnel accepted incident for review)
- Acknowledged User (user ID of SST Review personnel accepting incident for review)
- First Audio Time (time at which ShotSpotter server received first audio from sensor hearing incident)
- Last Audio Time (time at which ShotSpotter server received last audio from sensor hearing incident)
- Action Taken (SST Reviewer’s action, whether to publish or to dismiss)
- Action Time (time at which SST Review completed incident review)
- Action User (user ID of SST Review)
- Review Time Span (time between first audio availability and action taken)
- ShotSpotter OnSite, USA
- ShotSpotter Flex, USA
- ShotSpotter OnSite, International
- Tools for monitoring and maintaining the above.
Supported operating systems
Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 (x86/x64), Window Server 2008 R2 (x64) are supported.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64) is recommended.
Supported SQL Server Editions:
- SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 (x86, x64) are supported.
- SQL Server 2000 is no longer supported.
Database Patch (schema version)
- New Patch level 89 is required for ShotSpotter Flex
Additional New Features
- Calibration has been improved for sensors deployed on version 7.6 systems. Previously calibrated sensors do not need to be re-calibrated. Only sensors deployed subsequent to the original release 7.6 will be affected.
- Although gunfire incident audio is intentionally trimmed to a second before and after gunfire incidents, some users reported a decrease in sound quality in a recent ShotSpotter Flex upgrade. SST has been unable to show any empirical evidence of audio quality degradation, but we nonetheless have adjusted the compression settings of Flex console .MP3 files to provide optimal quality. There is no change to the sound quality of .WAV files stored for forensic purposes.
- Improvements have been made to the Generate Test Incident functionality to increase its reliability.
SST Customer Support is available to all customers with valid ShotSpotter Flex Support contracts. You may contact SST Customer Support:
Via Live Chat
From either the ShotSpotter Flex Alert Console or the ShotSpotter Flex Incident & Reports Portal, look for the chat links:
or by following this link in any web browser:
Phone support is available Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time. Please contact our support team during these hours at: +1 (888) 274–6877, then dial option 4.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include as much detail as possible so we may better serve you quickly.
Product: ShotSpotter Flex