7,796,470: Acoustic detection of weapons near transportation centers
- Type: U.S.
- Application Number: 11/973,294
- Publication Date: 2007-10-05T00:00:00
- Filing Date: 2006-10-05T00:00:00
- Abstract: Systems and methods are disclosed for determining location of a weapon firing incident. In one exemplary embodiment, there is provided a system for determining the location of a weapon firing incident in proximate position to a region traversed by vehicles. The system includes a first set of sensors associated with a first sub-region of the region, for detecting the weapon firing incident and for generating an output, and a processing component that determines a location of the weapon firing incident based upon the output. Moreover, the system may also include a second set of sensors arranged to detect the weapon firing incident along the travel path traversed by the vehicles and for generating a second output. Other exemplary embodiments may include arrangements of the sensors in patterns is associated with sub-regions and/or travel path as well as weapon fire location processing features.
- More Information: USPTO record