7,688,679: Gunshot detection sensor with display
- Type: U.S.
- Application Number: 11/923,636
- Publication Date: 2010-03-30T00:00:00
- Filing Date: 2007-10-24T00:00:00
- Abstract: A system for locating and identifying an acoustic event such as gunfire. The inventive system employs a plurality of man wearable acoustic sensors for detecting gunfire, each acoustic sensor having a display associated therewith for displaying information concerning the acoustic event to a user. In preferred embodiments, the sensor includes a microphone for/receiving acoustic information; an A/D converter; a processor for processing the digitized signal to detect a gunshot and determine a time of arrival; a GPS receiver for determining the position of the acoustic sensor; and a network interface for bidirectional communication with a system server. Preferably the display comprises an LCD; and an electronically readable compass. When the display and acoustic sensor are in separate housings, the acoustic sensor includes a transmitter and the display includes a receiver for transferring the gunshot information.
- More Information: USPTO record