5,504,717: System for effective control of urban environment security
- Type: domestic
- Application Number: 08/250743
- Publication Date: 1996-04-02T00:00:00
- Filing Date: 1994-05-27T00:00:00
- Abstract: A security system for detecting and reporting gunshot events for control of urban environment security which includes a communication link coupled to a plurality of pole units arranged in a dense grid. Each of the plurality of pole units includes a microphone, a data acquisition unit coupled to said microphone, a signal processor for discriminating gunshot events, and a communication interface apparatus coupled at an input to the signal processor. The communication interface also has an output coupled to the communication link, where the communication interface transmits and receives data on the communication link. A central processor is coupled to the communication link so as to receive data from and transmit data to the plurality of pole units. The central processor and the plurality of pole units operate so as to detect and locate gunshot events sensed by one or more of the plurality of pole units.
- More Information: USPTO record