Service Operations Center Specialist
Police and law enforcement agencies around the globe are using ShotSpotter from SST, Inc. to provide real-time information about gunfire and explosions, enabling a more effective response to gun violence and giving them a more complete picture of crime, so they can better protect their personnel and their communities.
When gunfire occurs in an area covered by ShotSpotter sensors, SST software triangulates and pinpoints the precise location of each round fired within seconds. Detailed incident data is immediately sent to SST’s Incident Review Center (IRC), where our team of Service Operations Specialists who are acoustic experts review and analyze each incident. Gunfire is qualified and a validated alert is sent by the Specialist to the 911 Dispatch Center serving that specific location and law enforcement. Our Incident Review Center is staffed with three shifts (day, night, and swing) allowing us to provide 24/7/365 service.
Our team is growing rapidly as our business expands. We provide extensive training, competitive pay and a full range of benefits. We’re seeking qualified candidates with the following experience and skills:
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Customer Support: 1 year
• Familiarity with shift work, working shifts, and flexibility/ability to accommodate shift changes.
• Helpdesk, call center, dispatch center, law enforcement, or military experience a plus.
• Highly motivated self-starter.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision individually and with a team.
• Proven ability to work in high pressure environments knowing when and how to escalate.
• Comfortable asking questions to understand how process impacts the team and the customer.
• Ability to think on your feet and absorb ongoing training information.
• Excellent, polished, and professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Familiarity with Salesforce (or equivalent CRM system), and JIRA a plus.
• Polished professional who is a team player with a positive attitude.
• Provide training to other team members.
• Comfortable communicating across shifts to maintain synchronization.
• Excellent problem solving skills and analytical ability
• Comfortable with taking on larger projects and cross functional contribution.
SST, Inc Description:
SST, Inc. is the world leader in gunshot detection, alerting and analysis solutions. SST's Public Safety business unit is focused on improving public and community safety by locating gunfire, and ultimately helping to reduce and prevent gun violence through intelligence-led and community policing initiatives. SST solutions protect cities and countries around the world, with installations in more than 80 US cities and in four countries. SST’s Security Solutions business unit, provides indoor and outdoor gunshot detection and alerting to police and security personnel to mitigate active shooter events in schools, colleges, commercial and government facilities. Deployed in dozens of buildings and protecting thousands of students and staff, SST Security Solutions is the premier indoor/outdoor gunshot solution available.
To Apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For Career Information visit: http://www.shotspotter.com/company#careers
SST, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any qualified employee or qualified applicant for employment, or in all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, termination of employment, discipline, promotion, demotion, training, compensation, benefits, scheduling, assignments, or any other terms or conditions or privileges of employment, on the basis of the fact or perception of a person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, lawful source of income, age, height, weight, past or present membership in the military service, protected veteran status, familial status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability or AIDS/HIV status, or association with members of such protected classes, or in retaliation for opposition to discrimination against such classes.