Senior Director, Customer Success
Police and law enforcement agencies around the globe are using ShotSpotter to gather real-time information about gunfire and explosions, enabling a more effective response to gun violence and protecting their communities. The Senior Director of Customer Success will lead the team that helps these agencies achieve their goals for the ShotSpotter service. This role involves managing an expanding the Customer Success Team that is responsible for customer onboarding, training, analytics, business reviews and relationship development. The ideal candidate will be passionate about ShotSpotter's mission to reduce gun violence and take a positive, affirmative approach towards leadership. This a working leadership role with the Director expected to lead the team as well as perform select functions on the team.
• Manage Customer Success Team located across the US
• Serve as ShotSpotter's customer champion, helping to maintain a culture of customer success across the company
• Serve as a management representative of ShotSpotter in customer escalations, looping in other teams and leaders as appropriate
• Own metrics related to the successful onboarding and retention of ShotSpotter customers
• Oversee ShotSpotter's onboarding best practices, customer training, customer portal and annual account review programs
• Participate with the marketing and sales teams in the roll-out and management of the company's annual NPS program
• Provide regular reporting to the leadership team on metrics, goal attainment, programs and customer feedback
• Make recommendations to the leadership team on customer success initiatives and issues
• Design and implement new customer-facing and internal processes that span cross-functional teams and map to the optimal customer journey
• Align customer success processes with new tools and technology to make them as efficient as possible
• Visit customer sites and offsite employees as needed to effectively manage the customer success program
• Bachelor's degree, ideally in business or technology
• 10+ years experience in people-management roles
• 3+ years experience leading customer success teams of 6 or more
• Background in developing and managing account review, training, onboarding and customer portal programs
• Executive-level written and verbal communication skills
• Strong consulting, negotiation, objection handling, and presentation skills, with experience coaching team members in these areas
• Highly developed time management, project management, process planning and organization skills
• Positive leader who understands the importance of cross-functional relationships and teamwork
• Experience with site visits and ability to travel up to 25% of the year
• Prior experience in a growth-stage tech company, law enforcement, or state and local government a plus
• Formal training in process design, project management or consultative selling a plus
Reports To Senior Vice President, Public Safety Solutions
Send Us Your Resume
We are always looking to meet talented and passionate individuals. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your yourself and your skills and interest.
About ShotSpotter, Inc.
ShotSpotter is the global leader in gunfire detection and location technology. ShotSpotter's solutions help law enforcement officials and security personnel identify, locate and deter gun violence. ShotSpotter is based in Newark, California and offers its solutions on a SaaS-based subscription model to customers around the world, with current customers located in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and South Africa.