Inside Sales Representative
This is a dynamic and exciting role working in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Incredible opportunity to talk with prospects about a technology that is changing policing, enhancing community engagement and saving lives. Ability to work cross-functionally with both marketing and sales is a must and having a sense of humor is a plus.
Key responsibilities of Inside Sales Representative include the following:
• Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
• Prospect with appropriate qualifying questions and conversation to understand their needs.
• Understand customer needs and requirements for (security business/public safety)
• Work with sales directors to arrange customer sales meetings to assist team in meeting (quarterly) sales quotas
• Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales team executives for further development and closure
• Research key accounts and identify key players, generate interest
• Research markets to develop territory prospecting plan to maximize time and attainment to meeting and sales engagement goals.
• Record details of sales and customer interactions in Salesforce for future reference for other departments within the company. (Flag hot, warm, cold unqualified, qualified status)
• Provide regular updates to manager concerning lead and client meeting status.
• Work cross functionally to provide necessary customer information and assistance to sales directors.
• Partner with the sales team to meet and exceed customer's service expectation
• Perform webinar online demos of product with team (as needed)
• Identify customized nurture letters to send to prospects as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree and/or relevant work experience
• Minimum of 2-3 years of previous experience desired
• Must be able to work in a team environment to meet deadlines
• Strong phone presence and experience in dialing dozens of calls per day.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English
• Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy and overall customer satisfaction
• Organized, flexible, able to follow instructions and receive feedback
• Exercises good judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions and problem solve as needed.
• Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams within the company
• Strong understanding of SalesForce, and CRM tools – and the importance of updating lead status in SFDC as leads are qualified
Note: the Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
Send Us Your Resume
We are always looking to meet talented and passionate individuals. Please send your resume to email@example.com and tell us about your yourself and your skills and interest.
About ShotSpotter, Inc.
ShotSpotter is the global leader in gunfire detection and location technology. ShotSpotter's solutions help law enforcement officials and security personnel identify, locate and deter gun violence. ShotSpotter is based in Newark, California and offers its solutions on a SaaS-based subscription model to customers around the world, with current customers located in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and South Africa.