Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in developing compensation and benefit plans
• Serve as relationship manager with third party service providers, including our PEO
• Ensure outstanding onboarding procedures from headcount approval to position descriptions; posting requirements, interview process; offer letter, new hire training, etc
• Partner with managers to help plan training and development
• Contribute to the support and implementation of policies, procedures, systems and initiatives
• Assist employees with day-to-day HR questions and requirements
• Assist managers and employees in understanding and applying HR tools, policies and procedures
• Process, verify and maintain appropriate documentation relating to recruiting and applicant tracking, performance management, and employee relations
• Perform transactions in various HR systems and applications, including new hires, terminations, leaves, benefit decisions, and compensation and PTO adjustments
• Create and maintain employee files in compliance with applicable legal requirements, while maintaining accuracy and confidentiality of all employee records
• Proactively plan and help coordinate company events and offsite meetings
• Other duties and projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource management or related field preferred. PHR or SPHR desired but not required
• 5 years HR generalist experience
• Previous experience with high tech and/or high growth companies is preferred
• Strong understanding and working knowledge of HR administrative policies, procedures, regulations and State/Federal legislation
• Strong communication skills; ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Strong project management and follow through skills; ability to organize and drive completion of multiple projects
• Demonstrated experience working with confidential information
• Ability to enter data and generate reports from an HRIS and related systems
• Sound professional background, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
• An intelligent individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent interpersonal skills
• Trustworthy, credible and unbiased and willing to share information and serve as a mentor
• Strong MS Office suite experience
We are always looking to meet talented and passionate individuals. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your yourself and your skills and interest.
ShotSpotter is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any qualified employee or qualified applicant for employment, or in all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, termination of employment, discipline, promotion, demotion, training, compensation, benefits, scheduling, assignments, or any other terms or conditions or privileges of employment, on the basis of the fact or perception of a person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, lawful source of income, age, height, weight, past or present membership in the military service, protected veteran status, familial status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability or AIDS/HIV status, or association with members of such protected classes, or in retaliation for opposition to discrimination against such classes.
About ShotSpotter, Inc.
ShotSpotter is the global leader in gunfire detection and location technology. ShotSpotter's solutions help law enforcement officials and security personnel identify, locate and deter gun violence. ShotSpotter is based in Newark, California and offers its solutions on a SaaS-based subscription model to customers around the world, with current customers located in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and South Africa.