About the job
We are a newly public company looking for an Assistant Controller who will be responsible for learning all aspects of our financial and SEC reporting with the goal of moving up to the Controller position in approximately 12 months. The Assistant Controller must have extensive experience in technical accounting research, stock based compensation, SEC reporting, consolidations, ASC 606 and revenue recognition, payroll, budgeting, tax, and month-end closing. The Assistant Controller must have a good understanding of the audit process and will be the primary contact for the audit and quarterly reviews. The Assistant Controller will also assist with implementing SOX compliant internal control policies.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, or related field of study
• Minimum 5-7 years work experience in public accounting. Experience with a Big 4 firm is a plus.
• Minimum 2-3 years work experience in a public company.
• Active CPA
• Strong background in SEC reporting is required
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written English communication skills
• Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy and exactitude
• Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines and competing priorities
• High technical aptitude with MS-Excel and other software tools; experience with Netsuite is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve problems
About ShotSpotter, Inc.
ShotSpotter is the global leader in gunfire detection and location technology. ShotSpotter's solutions help law enforcement officials and security personnel identify, locate and deter gun violence. ShotSpotter is based in Newark, California and offers its solutions on a SaaS-based subscription model to customers around the world, with current customers located in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and South Africa.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ShotSpotter at +1.510.794.3183 or email@example.com for assistance.