Technical Support Engineer
Reports to: Head of Technical & Customer Support
Location: Metro – Washington DC area
Individual contributor role responsible for troubleshooting, research and analysis of ShotSpotter technologies.
• Provide end user support for technical issues reported with our end user applications and services, investigate questions from customer on gunshots reported, generate customer reports and triage and repair any system issues with other teams within ShotSpotter
• Provide investigative and consultative support for gunshot incidents.
• Assist our customer’s integrations with our products via our standard interface tools, APIs and industry knowledge.
• Compose Technical Support Bulletins and communicate proactively with customers regarding upcoming service and support issues.
• Generate written notifications and communications with customers in response to issues
• Monitor acoustic surveillance systems status and report errors, faulty equipment, and other system problems
• Maintain activity logs relative to system performance, gunfire incidents, and other system metrics
• Ability to be on-call 24x7 one day per week.
• Maintain liaison with responding law enforcement agencies and provide additional incident information efforts by acquiring, minimizing, searching and producing electronic forensic evidence for legal counsel and possibly serving as an expert witness as needed
• Possibility to serve as an expert or expert witness in criminal court cases. Affidavit, deposition & testifying experience would be ideal but not required.
• Monitor, troubleshoot, repair and escalate systems and sensor issues daily
• Field customer support calls and provide phone and on-line support
• Log all customer support incidents in ticket tracking system
• Follow case management procedures including updating tickets, updating customer, escalating issues and work as a team to coordinate resources to resolve an issue
• Ensure service level agreements with customers are met in the defined timeframe
• Self-starter with a proven track record of driving customer success and aligning in complex customer environments as well as reporting into the executive and department levels.
• Bias to making those around you successful and are comfortable working as a team player and mentor.
• Proactive and ability to anticipate customer needs and requirements.
• Contribute to building and maintaining a positive, can-do, high-performance culture.
• Ability to understand deep customer requirements.
• Ability to articulate and communicate product features and information for new releases and updates to the customer base.
• Fanatical about customer success and tenacious at driving long-term customer value.
• Highly data-driven with a commitment to process.
• Passionate about technology and how it can be leveraged to drive business impact.
• Excited about driving and tracking a consistent solution and engagement process with all customers within the installed base.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong multi-task ability and must be able to work on multiple reports and engagement projects at once, working across several time zones, sales people and markets perhaps all in the same day.
• May be called upon to manage projects, and mentor less experienced staff
• Strong working knowledge of Salesforce, Netsuite, CRMs technologies.
• Expert level knowledge of MS Office suite
• Working knowledge of bug tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla, etc..
• Working knowledge and expertise with on-line tools, intranets, wikis, report writers, etc.
• Passionate about and committed to customer delight!
• Moderate over-night travel may be required.
• Familiarity with law enforcement best practices is nice to have but not required.
• 5-10 years of experience in the customer service/success field.
• Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external)
• Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
• Ability to provide training and perform public speaking and be comfortable in front of an audience
• Capable of managing own and team project tasks
Note: the Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
*** Please include a cover letter summarizing why you are a great candidate as well as your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ***
SST, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any qualified employee or qualified applicant for employment on the basis of the fact or perception of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, lawful source of income, age, height, weight, past or present membership in the military service, protected veteran status, familial status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability or AIDS/HIV status, or association with members of such protected classes, or in retaliation for opposition to discrimination against such classes.