Senior Software Engineer, Algorithms and Machine Learning
Newark, CA or Romote
ShotSpotter is the global leader in gunfire detection and location technology. ShotSpotter’s solutions help law enforcement officials and security personnel identify, locate and deter gun violence by providing near-real time notification of the location of illegal gunfire, and support data-driven policing to help reduce the incidence of such gunfire over the long term. ShotSpotter is based in Newark, California, USA and offers its solutions on a SaaS-based subscription model to customers around the world, with current customers located in the continental United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and South Africa.
ShotSpotter is seeking a talented back-end software engineer to help build its next generation of products. This position will focus on core algorithms and technologies associated with the real-time detection, location, and classification of firearms and explosives.
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in mathematics, science, or engineering.
• Graduate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Able to work in fast-paced, demanding environment as a team member.
The successful candidate will have a strong software engineering background and a skill set that includes multiple of the following target areas:
• Signal processing, including methods such as digital filtering, Fourier and discrete wavelet transforms, signal analysis, and feature extraction.
• Fundamental algorithms of discrete mathematics such as combinatorial optimization, graph theory, and probability.
• Scalable algorithms for analyzing data and networks; asymptotics; computational complexity.
• Numerical techniques such as linear programming and optimization, singular value decomposition, sparse matrices, root-finding, and cluster analysis.
• Computational geometry.
• 3D propagation modeling.
• Machine learning techniques and technologies, especially deep-layered convolutional neural networks.
This is a software engineering position. Application should expect to work as part of the back-end team to produce peer-reviewed, testable, production-quality code in a variety of development languages targeting multiple deployment environments. Adherence to modern software engineering techniques such as source code control, automated test, and code reviews is a must. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate programming fluency during an interview by solving technical problems in areas of interest using a development environment of their choice
Send Us Your Resume
We are always looking to meet talented and passionate individuals. Please send your resume to email@example.com and tell us about your yourself and your skills and interest.
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States. ShotSpotter will not sponsor an H-1B or other employment-based immigration case.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.