Field Service Manager
You can make the world a safer place. We do every day.
Here at Shotspotter, we are innovators, problem solvers, and creative thinkers who believe that good people and great technology can pave the way to a brighter future for all. We're passionate about the work we do to help save lives, improve public safety & security and we are proudly one Bay Area company making a huge difference in the security enjoyed by communities across the country.
• Review open cases, create work orders, schedule and dispatch technicians to do repairs or installations, order parts needed for repairs and installations.
• Continuously review and improve time to dispatch, time to repair and time to completion for service/repair work orders.
• Answer calls from field technicians repairing or installing sensors. Verify equipment is operational before the technician leaves the site. Provide technical direction and assistance to field technicians.
• Short term (6-12 months) priority on reducing service backlog and optimizing service process and systems.
• Develop, update and report key service metrics and KPIs. Use service data analysis, reporting and trending to manage service and drive priority and efficiency optimizations.
• Update records in Salesforce and ServiceMax to accurately account for work done and equipment locations.
• Keep accurate notes of work done and log all work in ticket tracking system to support service reporting, tracking and issue trending.
• Ensure service level agreements are met in the defined timeframe and set and manage vendor SLAs.
• Triage Salesforce cases and ServiceMax work orders.
• Set and manage adequate vendor coverage levels for service and support, including setting and managing spare parts levels and usage for service.
• Troubleshoot equipment and building install issues over the phone.
• Basic understanding of electrical wiring and service/support workflow and process.
• Customize SalesForce and ServiceMax reports, views and dashboards.
• Work with customer and/or site owner to secure new permissions or alternate locations for lost or relocated locations – will require light travel.
• Completion of reports and other duties, as assigned.
• Assist with inventory management as needed.
• Self-starter with a proven track record in field service and vendor management
• Proactive and able to anticipate project needs and requirements and properly assess and
• Ability to develop service reports, trend analysis and KPIs using Salesforce, ServiceMax
and/or MS Excel
• Willingness to learn new things and go above and beyond
• Ability to follow written processes and work flow
• Cool under pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to document and explain
technical details in a concise, understandable manner.
• Strong multi-task ability and must be able to work on multiple tasks and projects at once,
working across several time zones.
• Occasional work on Saturday and Sunday will be needed. Work hours will be
determined as repairs and installations are scheduled. Flexible availability is required.
• Strong working knowledge of Salesforce, ServiceMax, Jira, Confluence, Visio and MS
Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lync/Skype and Outlook).
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Limited travel required, approximately 4-6 weeks per year
• Minimum of 4 years of work experience in a related or applicable field.
Location: Newark, CA Headquarters
Reports to: Sr. Director, Network & Field Operations
Send Us Your Resume
We are always looking to meet talented and passionate individuals. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your yourself and your skills and interest.
About ShotSpotter, Inc.
ShotSpotter is the global leader in gunfire detection and location technology. ShotSpotter's solutions help law enforcement officials and security personnel identify, locate and deter gun violence. ShotSpotter is based in Newark, California and offers its solutions on a SaaS-based subscription model to customers around the world, with current customers located in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and South Africa.