Head of Quality Engineering
About the job:
The Head of Quality Engineering is responsible for creating a test-driven culture resulting in high quality products delivered to market on time that drive the highest levels of customer satisfaction and internal productivity. This is a staff role that depends on the ability of the person to influence and leverage resources across the company to meet quality goals. The person must possess deep and broad technology, methodology and quality skills to play the role of individual contributor and simultaneously define and drive the overall quality agenda.
• The role is responsible for ingraining quality as a core discipline into every aspect of the Technology organization.
• Accountable for the overall design, implementation and improvement of testing strategies and tools with a particular focus on test automation, continuous integration and delivery.
• Define and execute standards, methods and procedures to determine product release readiness by playing the role of customer advocate.
• Advance metrics and the setting of goals that provide visibility and understanding of development effectiveness from a quality perspective.
• Collaborate closely with development teams to deliver software releases with an ever-increasing level of quality.
• Work across Technology, Support and Sales teams to prioritize assignments and manage risks/issues to ensure successful delivery with high quality.
• Ensure that product teams are informed with the perspective of the customer.
• Strategic and tactical leadership with a track record of customer focused delivery. Must be a 'change agent' in terms of shifting engineering culture toward quality first.
• Must have extensive functional QE expertise in engineering mission critical distributed systems environments.
• Knowledge and experience across a broad range of technologies including OO languages, scripting languages, web development, Linux, Windows and RDB.
• Experience developing or interfacing with a DevOps capability.
• 10+ years experience managing teams, including remote teams.
• Comprehensive knowledge of software testing process, methodology and best practices.
• Fluent expertise with Agile-TDD software development teams; experience with Test Automation, Certified Scrum Master a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Math/Engineering.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.