Service Operations Center Manager
Reports to: HQ Manager
Location: Fremont CA HQ
The Manager, Service Operations Center is responsible for the overall management, supervision and results of the SOC. S/he will establish management policies and performance metrics, manage staffing levels and budget, and provide day-to-day supervision and leadership for SOC personnel.
In addition to strong shift operations, organization and management skills, this person will be a strategic thinker, an adept leader and developer of people, skillful budget manager, and strong team player. The SOC Manager will be plugged in to the health and performance of the ShotSpotter network on a daily basis and will drive the systematic measurement and analysis of SOC service levels and performance data to ensure consistently high Quality of Service. S/he will also lead the development and adoption of strategies, tools, systems and practices that will allow us to serve today’s customers with excellence, both domestically and internationally, and scale effectively for future growth.
• Supervisory Management and Team Leadership: Hire, train, lead, motivate, and manage performance of a team of Service Operations Specialists in providing 24x7x365 gunshot detection, qualification and alert services, and first level customer support to SST’s customers. Manage a group of supervisors and personnel with scheduling, assignments, training, coaching and discipline. Evaluate and document employee performance. Establish SOC policies and procedures and ensure they are met.
• Incident Review and Classification: Become an expert in gunshot incident identification and classification and cultivate this expertise in others. Monitor and measure service levels for incident classification accuracy and timeliness and ensure those SLA’s are met. Drive the addition of insightful situational awareness data to gunshot incident alerts.
• Customer Service: Provide outstanding customer service through courteous and professional email, phone, and online chat support. Receive, triage and handle inbound customer service requests, resolving Level 1 support cases using available tools and training and escalate more complex cases according to internal SLA’s. Represent SST in the best light to customers.
• Analytics, Reporting and Business Intelligence: Systematically analyze available data to understand trends in gunshot incident detection and incident review performance levels. Monitor, measure, and analyze missed gunshot reports to help drive improvements in system performance. Produce regular status reports on gunshot detection and incident review performance. Drive the transformation of Incident Review data and metrics into actionable business intelligence, making adjustments as needed to continually improve.
• Strategic and Tactical Operations Planning: Work with colleagues across business functions, especially Customer Service and Product Development, to identify, plan, prioritize, evaluate and deliver new service capabilities and tools required to better meet business and customer requirements. Contribute customer intelligence to the Company’s strategic and tactical plans for Operations and Customer Success.
• Budget Management: Forecast SOC staffing and budget requirements and monitor and control SOC expenses to ensure financial targets are met. Optimize scheduling to minimize use overtime.
• Collaborate effectively with management and other departments as needed.
• Other job-related duties and project participation as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5+ years of supervisory management experience in a 24x7, customer facing, service operations environment. Strong leadership, people development and performance management skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills necessary for building and maintaining a smooth running, round the clock operation, including coverage for holidays, peak activity periods and special events.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills. Able to clearly describe problems in terms of data and symptoms, causes and effects. Able to weigh alternatives and make recommendations based on sound business reasoning.
• Extensive experience with MS Office, web applications, advanced Excel skills required.
• Experience salesforce.com administration highly desirable.
• 3+ years of experience with data mining, analytics, and business intelligence reporting. Familiarity with relational databases and SQL a plus; proficiency with Tableau highly desirable.
• Successful experience using data to understand trends, anticipate problems and opportunities, and drive process and performance improvement.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience working in public safety or law enforcement highly desirable.
• Knowledge or experience with audio networks and technologies highly desirable.
• Self-motivated, self-directed with excellent time management skills and ability to handle and adapt to changing priorities and special projects.
• Strong commitment to outstanding customer service.
• Grace under pressure.
• College degree or comparable, applicable industry experience required.
Send Us Your Resume: We are always looking to meet talented and passionate individuals. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your yourself and your skills and interest.
ShotSpotter is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any qualified employee or qualified applicant for employment, or in all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, termination of employment, discipline, promotion, demotion, training, compensation, benefits, scheduling, assignments, or any other terms or conditions or privileges of employment, on the basis of the fact or perception of a person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, lawful source of income, age, height, weight, past or present membership in the military service, protected veteran status, familial status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability or AIDS/HIV status, or association with members of such protected classes, or in retaliation for opposition to discrimination against such classes.
About ShotSpotter, Inc.
ShotSpotter is the global leader in gunfire detection and location technology. ShotSpotter's solutions help law enforcement officials and security personnel identify, locate and deter gun violence. ShotSpotter is based in Newark, California and offers its solutions on a SaaS-based subscription model to customers around the world, with current customers located in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and South Africa.