Repair & Logistics Technician
SST, Inc. is the world leader in gunshot detection, and its ShotSpotter solutions are the leading gunfire alert and analysis solutions. Its public safety technology solutions are focused on improving public and community safety by locating gunfire and other explosive events, and ultimately, helping reduce and prevent gun violence and improving intelligence-led policing and community policing initiatives. SST solutions protect cities and countries around the world, with more than 100 installations in more than 90 US cities and in four countries. Privately held, the company possesses a multitude of patents that are the result of nearly two decades of innovation in the area of acoustic gunshot location technology. For the latest news on next-generation 9-1-1, community and intelligence-led policing, reduction of gun violence, and other public safety topics, follow us here on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter: http://www.facebook.com/shotspotter http://twitter.com/#!/shotspotter. For Career Information visit: http://www.shotspotter.com/company#careers
Repair & Logistics Technician
• Troubleshoot, diagnosis & repairs returned sensors and equipment.
• Have a thorough working knowledge of electrical wiring and structured cabling.
• Perform final test on repaired equipment.
• Manage legacy equipment refurbishing program and inventory.
• Work with the Director of Field Service and Logistics to order replacement parts.
• Keep operations lab area orderly and neat.
• Support field technicians from headquarters to ensure they have all necessary equipment and information to perform the service and or installation. Arranges equipment rentals for service and monitor shipments.
• Update records in Salesforce and ServiceMax to accurately account for work done.
• Issues return authorization numbers in NetSuite and ServiceMax and tracks status.
• Receive returned equipment into NetSuite and ServiceMax systems.
• Maintain repair log of equipment with failure cause and repair for future analysis.
• Perform duties of Shipping & Receiving Clerk
- Prepare shipments of equipment for repairs and installations as needed, both domestic and international
- Maintain a log of special codes and forms needed for international shipments
- Call shipping carrier, daily, for missing shipments or shipments stuck in customs
- Maintain a received packages log
- Ensure carrier pickups occur as scheduled and if the carrier misses a pickup, make other arrangements for packages to be picked up
- Generate labels for contractors in the field
• Manage AT&T, Verizon and Sprint accounts to ensure lines are in use, properly named and assigned to correct cost center.
• Travel as needed, if maintenance or new installations warrant it.
• Manage inventory.
• Monitor and track technician and contractor’s inventory.
• Help with year-end inventory count.
• Perform other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders, work on roofs, bend, stoop, crawl, have finger/wrist/arm mobility, and finger dexterity.
• Self-starter with a proven track record in equipment repair
• Working knowledge of Salesforce, ServiceMax, NetSuite, Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint/OneDrive, Visio and MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lync/Skype and Outlook).
• Basic knowledge of SQL, command line and Linux shell.
• Proactive and able to anticipate project needs and requirements
• Willingness to learn new things and go above and beyond
• Ability to follow written processes and work flow
• Cool under pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner.
• Strong multi-task ability and must be able to work on multiple tasks and projects at once, working across several time zones.
• Occasional work on Saturday and Sunday will be needed. Work hours will be determined as repairs and installations are scheduled. Flexible availability is required.
• 2 years of work experience in related field.
Location: Newark, CA Headquarters
Reports to: Director of Field Service & Logistics
The company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
SST, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any qualified employee or qualified applicant for employment, or in all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, termination of employment, discipline, promotion, demotion, training, compensation, benefits, scheduling, assignments, or any other terms or conditions or privileges of employment, on the basis of the fact or perception of a person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, lawful source of income, age, height, weight, past or present membership in the military service, protected veteran status, familial status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability or AIDS/HIV status, or association with members of such protected classes, or in retaliation for opposition to discrimination against such classes.