Head of Quality Engineering
About the job:
The Head of Quality Engineering is responsible for creating a test-driven culture resulting in high quality products delivered to market on time that drive the highest levels of customer satisfaction and internal productivity. This is a staff role that depends on the ability of the person to influence and leverage resources across the company to meet quality goals. The person must possess deep and broad technology, methodology and quality skills to play the role of individual contributor and simultaneously define and drive the overall quality agenda.
• The role is responsible for ingraining quality as a core discipline into every aspect of the Technology organization.
• Accountable for the overall design, implementation and improvement of testing strategies and tools with a particular focus on test automation, continuous integration and delivery.
• Define and execute standards, methods and procedures to determine product release readiness by playing the role of customer advocate.
• Advance metrics and the setting of goals that provide visibility and understanding of development effectiveness from a quality perspective.
• Collaborate closely with development teams to deliver software releases with an ever-increasing level of quality.
• Work across Technology, Support and Sales teams to prioritize assignments and manage risks/issues to ensure successful delivery with high quality.
• Ensure that product teams are informed with the perspective of the customer.
• Strategic and tactical leadership with a track record of customer focused delivery. Must be a 'change agent' in terms of shifting engineering culture toward quality first.
• Must have extensive functional QE expertise in engineering mission critical distributed systems environments.
• Knowledge and experience across a broad range of technologies including OO languages, scripting languages, web development, Linux, Windows and RDB.
• Experience developing or interfacing with a DevOps capability.
• 10+ years’ experience managing teams, including remote teams.
• Comprehensive knowledge of software testing process, methodology and best practices.
• Fluent expertise with Agile-TDD software development teams; experience with Test Automation, Certified Scrum Master a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Math/Engineering.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and tell us about your yourself and your skills and interest.
About ShotSpotter, Inc.
ShotSpotter is the global leader in gunfire detection and location technology. ShotSpotter's solutions help law enforcement officials and security personnel identify, locate and deter gun violence. ShotSpotter is based in Newark, California and offers its solutions on a SaaS-based subscription model to customers around the world, with current customers located in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and South Africa.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.