Field Service Manager
SST, Inc. is the world leader in gunshot detection, and its ShotSpotter solutions are the leading gunfire alert and analysis solutions. Its public safety technology solutions are focused on improving public and community safety by locating gunfire and other explosive events, and ultimately, helping reduce and prevent gun violence and improving intelligence-led policing and community policing initiatives. SST solutions protect cities and countries around the world, with more than 100 installations in more than 90 US cities and in four countries. Privately held, the company possesses a multitude of patents that are the result of nearly two decades of innovation in the area of acoustic gunshot location technology. For the latest news on next-generation 9-1-1, community and intelligence-led policing, reduction of gun violence, and other public safety topics, follow us here on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter:
Field Service Manager
Oversees the field service personnel who perform on-site service including installation, maintenance and repair. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position reports to the Director of Field Service and Logistics.
• Oversees and coordinate field service technicians to maintain service level agreements and system integrity in the installation, repair, modification and preventive maintenance of equipment.
• Review open cases, create work orders, schedule and dispatch technicians to do repairs or installations, order parts needed for repairs.
• Works in tandem with other SST field service managers to facilitate allocation of resources to speed resolution, in a cost effective manner.
• Schedule and dispatches service and installation as required. Monitors technician’s actions to ensure they are clearly communicated to the project managers and customer support, in a timely and effective manner.
• Update records in Salesforce and ServiceMax to accurately account for work done and equipment locations.
• Support field technicians from headquarters to ensure they have all necessary equipment and information to perform the service and or installation. Arranges equipment rentals for service and monitor shipments.
• Be the main point of contact for field service technicians by answering phone calls, emails and text messages from technicians. Verify equipment is reporting to inventory or project database. Provide technical support remotely to the technicians.
• Reviews contractors invoices to ensure billing matches work done.
• Issues Return Authorizations and tracks status.
• Monitor and track technician and contractor’s inventory.
• Manage legacy equipment refurbishing program and inventory. Work with the Director of Field Service and Logistics to order replacement parts.
• Directs field service team in a cost effective manner.
• Oversees training or certification of field service technicians.
• Basic understanding of electrical wiring and structured cabling.
• Customize SalesForce and ServiceMax reports, views and dashboards.
• Assist with inventory management as needed.
• Prepare shipments of equipment for repairs and installations as needed.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Self-starter with a proven track record in field service
• Strong working knowledge of Salesforce, ServiceMax, NetSuite, Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint/OneDrive, Visio and MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lync/Skype and Outlook).
• Working knowledge of SQL, command line and Linux shell.
• Proactive and able to anticipate project needs and requirements
• Willingness to learn new things and go above and beyond
• Ability to follow written processes and work flow
• Cool under pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner.
• Strong multi-task ability and must be able to work on multiple tasks and projects at once, working across several time zones.
• Occasional work on Saturday and Sunday will be needed. Work hours will be determined as repairs and installations are scheduled. Flexible availability is required.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• 4 years of work experience in field service.
Location: Newark, CA Headquarters
Reports to: Field Service Director
The company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time. SST, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any qualified employee or qualified applicant for employment, or in all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, termination of employment, discipline, promotion, demotion, training, compensation, benefits, scheduling, assignments, or any other terms or conditions or privileges of employment, on the basis of the fact or perception of a person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, lawful source of income, age, height, weight, past or present membership in the military service, protected veteran status, familial status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability or AIDS/HIV status, or association with members of such protected classes, or in retaliation for opposition to discrimination against such classes.