MEAN Stack Web Developer
You can make the world a safer place. We do every day.
ShotSpotter employees develop bright ideas. We are innovators, problem solvers, and creative thinkers who believe that good people and great technology can pave the way to a brighter future for all. We're passionate about the work we do to help save lives, improve public safety & security and we are proudly one Bay Area company making a huge difference in the security enjoyed by communities across the country.
Join our diverse and agile engineering organization and make a difference.
We are looking for a web developer passionate about new and innovative technology and building large-scale and high-traffic web and mobile applications. Shotspotter has an established customer base and a suite of high-performance applications based on a wide array of leading edge technologies. Work with a team creating cutting edge technologies & tools that benefit safety of our cities.
Enjoy a casual, creative environment where you will enjoy diversity in your projects and bring your talent into play. You will be working on exciting new development projects.
Benefits and Perks.
• For East Bay commuters, we are the last destination before you run into a complete stop in the traffic heading towards Peninsula.
• For Peninsula dwellers, this is a reverse commute.
• We are next to endless running/walking/biking trails.
• There is free shuttle connection to Bart, Caltrain and ACE
• We have free fully equipped gym on the campus and gourmet cafeteria.
• 20 days of Vacation/PTO
• Comprehensive list of Medical and Dental plans to choose from
• Delicious snacks and beverages
• Plenty of fun company parties and activities
What you will be working on:
The Shotspotter team is working on a brand new suite of web and mobile applications for notification and analysis of gunshots. As a Full Stack Web Developer, you will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the client application. You’ll play a key role in our company’s success; you will be pushing the boundaries of back-end development. Design and implement APIs in support of front-end services and help create a highly scalable, flexible, and secure backend.
You will be working with a small team in an agile environment of engineers to architect, design, develop and build our server side infrastructure.
Scalability, reliability and security are our focus.
• 5+ year of experience building web based applications.
• Well-versed with MVC and RESTful API’s, XML and JSON.
• Understanding of frameworks and libraries for declaring dynamic web views such as AngularJS and Knockout.
• Experience developing mobile applications (hybrid, native)
• Solid understanding of an RDBMS, SQL and Network protocols.
• Expert level understanding of code management systems, preferably Git or SVN.
• Experience with CSS3 and HTML5.
• Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in Computer Science or related discipline is required
*** Please include a cover letter summarizing why you are a great candidate as well as your resume to email@example.com ***
*** No agencies please.
SST, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any qualified employee or qualified applicant for employment on the basis of the fact or perception of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, lawful source of income, age, height, weight, past or present membership in the military service, familial status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability or AIDS/HIV status, or association with members of such protected classes, or in retaliation for opposition to discrimination against such classes.