Senior Software Engineer
You can make the world a safer place. We do every day.
ShotSpotter employees develop bright ideas. We are innovators, problem solvers, and creative thinkers who believe that good people and great technology can pave the way to a brighter future for all. We're passionate about the work we do to help save lives, improve public safety & security and we are proudly one Bay Area company making a huge difference in the security enjoyed by communities across the country.
Join our diverse and agile engineering organization and make a difference.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, passionate about new and innovative technology and building large-scale and high-traffic web applications. ShotSpotter has an established and reputable customer base, a suite of high-performance applications based on a wide array of leading edge technologies.
Benefits and Perks.
• For East Bay commuters, we are the last destination before you run into a complete stop in the traffic heading towards Peninsula.
• For Peninsula dwellers, this is a reverse commute.
• We are next to endless running/walking/biking trails.
• There is free shuttle connection to Bart.
• We have free fully equipped gym on the campus and gourmet cafeteria.
What you will be working on:
• Migrate existing client and server applications written in C#/.Net, WPF, and Silverlight into rich web and mobile applications, capable of responsive UI interactions.
• Build a new generation of Data Integration and Notification Services
• Advice how to best consolidate exciting code base to avoid redundancy while ensuring timely delivery of new components.
• 7+ year of experience building web based applications.
• 2+ years of experience with .Net, C#
• Well-versed with MVC and RESTful API’s, XML and JSON.
• Understanding of frameworks and libraries for declaring dynamic web views such as AngularJS and Knockout.
• Solid understanding of an RDBMS, SQL and Network protocols.
• Expert level understanding of code management systems such as SVN, etc.
• Experience with CSS3 and HTML5.
• Knowledge of a Node.js, PHP is a plus
• Experience with MongoDB
• Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in Computer Science or related discipline is required
*** Please include a cover letter summarizing why you are a great candidate as well as your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ***
*** No agencies please.